Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have my Smart at the shop right now getting this installed. Its almost done, theyre just waiting on the deck to arrive. Let me know what you guys think. I will post more pics once I have it back and fully installed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Zounds!! Another idea stolen! ;)

I was gonna use android though...
Nexus 7 or some other variant that would allow me to use the bluetooth elm327 dongle I have.
I'd also have to figure out some sort tablet - audio amp interface as well...
Oh well, I'll stick with the Sony in-dash for now...

(How much does the plastic piece cost and where are they available if I may ask?)

-Chance

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats the kit I bought and had my local stereo shop (Pacific Stereo in Riverside, CA) mold that into the stock radio bezel. I also had them cut out a piece of that mold to insert a single DIN Sony MEX-GS600BT behind the iPad.

I paid $450 for the labor alone on top of the mold I purchased from SoundManCA and the Sony deck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i would love to know how, i know the slide kit but the rest i really wish we had pictures of the making of this, i want to do this to my smart

·
Registered
488 Posts
That's really sweet. I've been wanting to do something like this with my ipad mini, but I'm not sure I want to spend the $700 for the custom mount.

I could see me paying a few hundred to have it flush mounted and if I were smart enough to fabricate the $250 plastic mold work then I'd probably buy it. :nerd:

How do you get sound to play through your speakers with this setup?

I'd be happy with just putting it securely in front of the existing radio, but I'm not sure there's a cost affordable way to hold it in place that makes dock and redock sense.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts