Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....today has "Community Day".

today you can pay a small fee (sorry, don't know what it is....) which will allow you to DRIVE YOUR CAR ON THE TRACK! it also includes entry to the Speedway Museum as well.

imagine, making a lap of the famous 2 1/2 mile oval in your very own smart! i only wish i had one so i could take the day off and participate.

just wanted to pass that info on to all of you in case anyone would like to go. but if you do, YOU MUST TAKE PICS!!!

gates open at 11AM TODAY! HAVE FUN!!!! :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
...And for those of you who DON'T have your smart yet, but DO have a motorcycle, every year, usually the week after the Indy 500, there is a

MIRACLE RIDE FOR RILEY CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL

For a donation, you can participate in a poker run from several starting points around Indiana on Saturday ending with food and concert, then Sunday you can ride with a few thousand of your friends on a parade lap around the IMS. If you like motorcycles, the whole thing is a blast, and worth the donation.

This year it's Sat May 31 and Sunday June 1!!!

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks "Docthrock"......sounds like great fun and of course, all for a great cause! :)

but unfortunately, not only do i NOT have my smart yet, i do NOT have a motorcycle either...bummer. :(

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
too bad no one made the "Community Day" at the track......i REALLY wanted to see some pics of smarts ON THE TRACK!

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did you see the thread about the get together at Infineon Raceway? check out those pics!

this is what i was talking about.....are THESE people having fun or WHAT?:D

guess maybe NEXT year we can do something like that at IMS? of course, i still won't have MY smart, but you guys can share in the fun.......:)

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When's the next one? Might make a nice day trip over your way. :)
they do the IMS 'Community Day' each year during the Month of May Festivities for the 500.

my guess is that there won't be anything like that for the Brickyard, since it's only a 3 day event (Fri-practice, Sat-Qualifications and Sunday, THE RACE!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts