Smart Car of America Forum banner

Indianola Smart car night ?

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Zinger0 
#1 · (Edited)
Indianola has a very successful bike-night one Friday per month, April to September. They typically have 1000+ motorcycles roar into town on Bike-Down-to-I-Town nights.

The director of Bike-night told my wife that they are having a Bikes & Corvettes night in May, and wondered if we could potentially help them organize a SMART & BIKE night. The Smarts would be parked in the center of the square, in the courthouse parking lot. He suggested, potentially the third Friday in August.

Are any of you interested in attending, in your Smarts? (PLEASE REPLY so we can inform the Bike-night director of potential attendees.)

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. Please contribute. My beautiful wife didn't want me to purchase a 09' V-max, so I purchased a 2009 Cabrio loaded. She couldn't be happier. Bike's? My dad was a civil engineer for the city of Milwaukee. His dad built sidecars for Harley in the 30's/40's. My wife is from the Fort Dodge area? Latest thread are of technical information ie. turbo's, but plenty of other insight. You are close to K.C...make the trip.

#3 ·
From my user name you can see I am a biker or should I say Winger. I like your idea, I could bring the Wing and the wife the Smart. Or should we load the Wing on a trailer and pull it down with the Smart, they are about the same size. No the Wing is bigger as it is a trike with a sidecar. TriCar, they both are a ball to take someplace.

#7 · (Edited)
That is Great! We live and Indianola and are in contact with the organizers of bike night. We plan to have everyone meet and all drive together to the square. We will let everyone know where and when. Pass on the date to anyone else you know with a Smart!! I would like to get a number so I can let them know.
thanks!

#9 ·
Great! We will have more info to come. The event is form 6-10 pm on August 20th. I will have a time and place for the Smarts to meet so we can caravan to the square.
You can go to bikedowntoitown.com for info about the band and vendors.
thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.