Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Indie filmmaker needs Atlanta Smart for fun, quick shoot, car gets "speaking role."

Hi!

My name is Patrick Cumby and I'm helping a group of young independent filmmakers produce their first feature-length film. The film, called Dangerous Crosswinds, is about a cross-country roadtrip in a 60-year-old British roadster named Lord Percival, and the cars themselves are the stars of the film. Our director lives in Decatur and is looking for a SmartCar (any variety) for a quick 1-hr shoot sometime next week. The SmartCar will be featured in the film's epilogue and actually has a "speaking role." I'm contacting folks on the forum hoping to finds someone who would be willing to let their car appear in the movie! If you might be interested, or know somebody, please let me know. We've tried renting a SmartCar, we've tried the dealerships, all to no avail. I can answer any questions you may have. You can call me at 252-340-3347. You can see the roadtrip website at crosswindsfilm.com.

Many thanks for any help you can offer!
-Patrick

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
I am interested and available. I will be arriving in Ga just in time with my Silver Smart Car Cabrio from Los Angeles.
My show smart car would be perfect for the filming. Lets talk details.
Email me @ [email protected] my direct cell is 310.874.6671.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Atlanta-based Smart

I have a blue and silver-trimmed Smart and live in Atlanta, so if you need a back-up plan I'd probably be available. However, I probably could only make it available on the weekend. If the first respondent does not work out, respond back to me ddsuber[at]gmail[dot][com]

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
Hi!

My name is Patrick Cumby and I'm helping a group of young independent filmmakers produce their first feature-length film. The film, called Dangerous Crosswinds, is about a cross-country roadtrip in a 60-year-old British roadster named Lord Percival, and the cars themselves are the stars of the film. Our director lives in Decatur and is looking for a SmartCar (any variety) for a quick 1-hr shoot sometime next week. The SmartCar will be featured in the film's epilogue and actually has a "speaking role." I'm contacting folks on the forum hoping to finds someone who would be willing to let their car appear in the movie! If you might be interested, or know somebody, please let me know. We've tried renting a SmartCar, we've tried the dealerships, all to no avail. I can answer any questions you may have. You can call me at 252-340-3347. You can see the roadtrip website at crosswindsfilm.com.

Many thanks for any help you can offer!
-Patrick
Hey Patric again,
I confirmed with my schedule and my smart is available for use for the filming all week long and longer if need be. Please feel free to contact me directly as soon as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts