Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,155 Posts
Toyota and General Motors are both developing plug-in hybrid electric cars which, unlike Daimler’s all-electric Smart Fortwo, will rely on internal combustion engines to extend their driving range.

Looks like the electric smart will truly be an urban vehicle as it won't have the range to get out of the city. :)

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Here is an update on progress towards an all electric smart:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/24df9efa-988c-11dc-8ca7-0000779fd2ac.html
NICE FIND, Micronut!
Just the kind of info I'm looking for! My 2 year time line will be on target then insofar as finally getting into a Smart PHEV/EV in the not-to-distant future.
That's really exciting because I look forward to the day when I can go by any gas station and go :p knowing that I am free from the tyranny of the gas prices that will be coming our way soon. :(
I only wish they would conduct some of that kind of testing here in the Albany area (I'd even take some cold weather testing if they had some to do). I have some experience with prototype vehicle testing already and I could lend (or sell) some of that to the advantage of the development of the Smart PHEV of the future.
Jezzzzzzz....this is all so exciting!!! (Beats milking cows by a long shot!!!!!!!)

:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts