Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it might make a nice side trip to visit the area on the way to the Glen on Thursday. Any recommendations from local folks on where to stay and what to see? :)

·
Registered
775 Posts
If you like ice cream, definitely check out the on-campus creamery! Other than that, State College is your pretty typical college town, albeit VERY big.

·
Super Moderator
28,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Made it to State College this afternoon on one tank of gas - the blinking 1.0 gallon thing just started as I pulled into the motel. Off to the Piper Aviation Museum at Lockport in the morning after a quick look at the campus here, and then on to New York. :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Lock Haven had the most wonderful promotion for Vets that I have ever seen. Most shops or street corners had flags or banners with a picture of a Vet on them. Not any particular war, but just someone, man or woman, from the area who served their county. It was great to see and to read all the inscriptions about those Vets as we walked along the city streets. I worked at a clinic in the next town over and my wife worked at a psych hospital near State College. It is beautiful country up there and the Amish wagons are a hoot to see and drive by. There is a huge red barn that is beside my wife's hospital up there and it is beautiful. They really do have four distinct seasons in that part of the country and anyone from that state should be proud of how beautiful it really is. The mountains are wonderful up there. Enjoy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts