Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just purchased a 2015 Smart Fortwo 451 I have been rush trying to outfit my smart with OEM products since mercedes will no longer be Importing them and the dealerships are discounting all of their smart parts to get rid of them. Only one dealership in all of Colorado will service smart cars.

The rear storage space didn’t work for me because It is too small to be practical, and doesn’t work to put a jack or and tools in since everything shifts around. I desperately tried to find somewhere to buy the rear storage box that had all of the accessories. The closest I found was on German eBay.

I just ordered this for my car, it is the foam that fits in the storage and goes for $50. you can buy them from Mercedes parts under PN 451-747-0197 but I am not sure if you get both sides, and think it would cost also for tax and shipping. This one also comes with the OEM vest and hazard sign

This is where you can buy the OEM fuse/bulbs replacement box that fits in the center of the form that has all of the replacement bulbs and fuses. I ordered mine from a seller in Germany and am still waiting and paid more then this listing and this seller is in California

You can pretty much create your own emergency kit. I also included a can of tire fix it I bought at Lowes that does not damage the TPMS sensor like the tire repair foam that comes with the air pump under the passenger floorboard. Replacing a TPMS sensor will cost you $60 At discount if the repair foam damages the sensor and about $300 at Mercedes since they charge $150 an hour and the OEM is around $150. I also included an Ac/Dc car Air pump that turns off when it hits the psi you set it to. I didn’t want to use the one that is packed away under the floorboard and this I can check the pressure whenever I want with either AC or DC. I also put in a scissor jack and collapse able lug ranch that has the 15mm socket for lug removal that I bought on Amazon, if you are interested which ones I bought I put links to them in a discussion about what tools I thought would be helpful to carry. Anyway I hope this was helpful to some of the smart car owners

·
Registered
7,966 Posts
At the smart dealership, 11 years ago. I bought a OEM smart scissor jack, lug bolt sockets for both the standard smart and the Brabus. In a beautiful caring case. They use to carry that fuse kit at the smart dealership, never use it. Waste of money. Same with the emergency safety kit. The OEM, air pressure Compressor and sealant. I used once. Didn’t hurt the tire pressure sensors.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are right, there s no use paying for something you know you will never use. In my case I live in Colorado and one of the main reasons I bought a Smart was rear wheel drive. I bought two back mag rims for $120 each and took them down to discount and had them mounted with the best winter tires I could afford. I then use my jack to switch between winter and summer tires ( I don’t change the front). what makes the smart car nice in being small, is also bad if you want to take your winter tires down to discount it is a logistical nightmare shuttling tires back in forth, and changing them out only takes a 1/2 hour using my jack and lug wrench. (Not to mention you spend At least 1-2 hours waiting for discount to get to your car).

·
Registered
7,966 Posts
I bought all that fun accessory smart stuff, from the dealership 11 years ago. Cause it was special to the smart car, at the time. Model die cast cars. Everything related to the smart car. Hats, key chains, and polo shirts. The OEM scissors jack kit, I used with jack stand, to jack up the rear end. To get to the oil pan plug. When changing the oil. Used it to replaced the front brake pads. Before I went to Ceramic ones. Would remove the front tires. To clean the nasty brake dust off the inside of the wheels.

I never carried anything that rattles around, in the storage tail gate. Except for a chamois, paper towels, and window cleaner, latex glove. Tire repair plugs.

stop using jumper cables years ago. Use these devices, to jump start my all my cars. Have one in the smart, the Abarth, the Kia Soul, the Fit, and my wife’s Accord Touring. I bought one for my daughters Jeep renegade. You never know where you’ll be, dead battery. No other car around to assist jumpstarting you. They will charge your mobile phone, and has extremely bright LED flashlight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts