Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working with the DAS system connected to my car just fine. Then I reconnected everything to the car. Now the multiplexer is getting an error. The error is Fault. (1.1)-501.9550 Initialization of diagnosis multiplex failed.

Has anyone seen this? Right now my car is unusable. Thanks

·
Registered
449 Posts
If you are using a USB->serial adaptor, are you still plugged into the same port on the computer? Are you certain all the cables are securely attached to the MUX? Do you have your car powered up?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes. THANK YOU for the response. I reconnected many times but no dice. I was having trouble entering the tan code for the FOB. And while I was in the system, I did the clutch and transmission teach in. I think I caused my own problem causing the car to be disabled because I remember that the transmission and clutch teach in's are buggy and I think I ended them before one of them was finished. Problem is if any of the teach in's fail I think you are toast. Then after a few hours thinking about it, I went to re-do the teach in's but then had the multiplex issue. I read on another site that a multiplexer can become 'blacklisted'. That kind of makes sense after the series of events that happened with me not entering the tan code correctly for the FOB. The problem all started with one of the FOBs not working and I was trying to reprogram it. I read that if the battery goes dead, you have to re-program it. That seems to be true. Should be a big warning out there about that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry - to be clear I meant the FOB battery. If that dies then you have to reprogram it. AND I'm sure you know this, to reprogram the non working one you have to program ALL of the working FOBs.

·
Registered
449 Posts
My understanding of the blacklisting is that it is just a static list that is distributed with DAS, and doesn't get added to by failing to use a valid TAN code. That being said, I might be wrong. I'm going to send you a PM too.

·
Registered
280 Posts
What version of DAS do you have? Is it older then 09/09? If so you will need CAL 503 to fix the problem. Run a Ceasar Test on your Mux to make sure it is working ok. It would be easy if you just update your software to fix the problem. IM me if you have more questions.

Leroy

·
Registered
280 Posts
You need to get the newer version of DAS 11/2013 it will solve all your problems. You can also do away with the TAN generator when working on smart cars. Sometimes you can fix your problem by back dating your date on your computer to 06/09 and see if that will help.
The CAL 503 fix was out there on the internet a few years ago but made a lot more sence to update the software instead of using the fix.

Leroy

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Leroy. I think the best route is to get a new computer and put the newer version on that so I don't dig a deeper hole. Would that work and where do you recommend I get the software?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts