Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won at the Midwest Rally, InMotion ECU tuning services, and Now I have a few questions!

1. What exactly am I going to get from InMotion, does anyone else have tuning by them?

2. Where is the ECU on this car, I will have to ship them my ECU.

Thanks guys

· Registered
358 Posts
1. Directly from their website:

The majority of modern engines are operated by a computer, better known as ECU (Engine Control Unit). This electronic calculating unit sets the pre-ignition and the quantity of fuel which will be injected, depending on a number of parameters like the surrounding temperature, the density of the sucked up air, the number of revolutions of the engine etc. All these data are saved in one or more memories, called EPROM's or "chip's" for short. Chip tuning means that the chip with the original data is replaced by another one with optimized data, in order to increase the capacity and the torque and to obtain a more agreeable and smoother motoring performance - in case of turbo engines the performance increases between 20 and 40% and goes hand in hand with a reduction in fuel consumption.
2. Look here. INMotion should be able to help you out with instructions to remove your ECU, just give them a call at 503-608-7717.

· Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've read the site, and have a general understanding of ECU Chipping (Have chipped ECU in my Civic) According to the site, I get 10 percent more power, but what else? Anything with shifting? Speed limiter? higher Redline? Change MIVEC?

· Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for the pics on location. I had asked about inMotion Tuning many months ago but never got any responses to my post. I'm glad it appears to have made a difference. I will have to consider using them in the near future. Keep us posted on how it is going.

· Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also when you remove the engine ECU, you can't shift the transmission, it is completely locked in P, so if you do this, make sure the car is in a spot where you don't need to move it because it won't roll.

· Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually... I'm not sure about you but I don't find it to often where I am like ahh crap, I can't go faster than 90MPH...

The best thing so far is the added power in the lower RPMs and the quicker shifting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.