Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought this car used and discovered both inner fender liners are thrashed. It looks like the previous owner hit something and the tires shredded the liners.
Is there anywhere I can find the procedure to change the liners. There isn't much information to repair the 2016 smart cars. Thank You in adance.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I believe Mercedes merged their smarttekinfo.com site into startekinfo.com .

It's a little steep at $60/day but at least used to be able to print to .pdf.

I have not been successful to confirm this with them...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
There has to be a "Boneyard" with a 453 laying around. I can see spending MB prices on anything. Also can you put a patch and plastic rivets to fasten. (Remember no one sees the damage unless you remove the tire and point out the disturbance)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I haven't worked on a 453, but they are likely attached similar to the 451 and other cars. On the 451, there are 3 plastic 10mm nuts inside recesses in the fender well and a plastic pin, other cars differ a bit here and there in attachment, but typically you can gently push/pull at various points and feel where there's a fastener even if you can't see it right away. A little probing around should reveal where the fasteners are. Perhaps it's not the right attitude, but I tend to thnk that if it's already broken I can't harm much. :p

If you need there are many ways of repairing or even fabricating replacements if you have to, but I suspect you should be able to find them for not absurdly unreasonable prices unless you need them today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine were completely shredded from the tires when the car hit something. I looked into used liners at autobahn and salvage yards but there were none for the 453. If they had one it would be $50.00 and $25 shipping to Indiana. I brought them brand new for $63.00 and $18.00 for shipping from MB Express.com

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Instructions should be on the site I mentioned. The service reset instructions are there (free section Workshop Resources).

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts