Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Now that mu cabin is wind and sound proofed. The whirl of my blower fan volume is the next target. Now my blower fan is not the original and I cannot remember how loud the original was, so the question is of all the replacements available is there any brand that may be more quiet then the rest, or is there a way to make the blower fan motor less noisy.

·
Registered
325 Posts
You might be able to wrap the motor housing in the noise deadening material to see if it helps.
I have noticed mine is pretty noisy.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Also lubing the motor also can help quieting it some but not as good as noise deadening material.(doing both may be the best to do)

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
Are you hearing the fan motor? Or is it the loud air noise though the vents. produced from the blowers squirrel cage. There is no place to oil the motor. If you got a new fan motor, there’s no need to. I wouldn’t wrap the motor with anything, you don’t want to over heat the motor. If you really not happy, with the sound. You might want to buy a OEM fan motor. see if there is a difference. If not, just return the OEM motor.

good luck.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you hearing the fan motor? Or is it the loud air noise though the vents. produced from the blowers squirrel cage. There is no place to oil the motor. If you got a new fan motor, there’s no need to. I wouldn’t wrap the motor with anything, you don’t want to over heat the motor. If you really not happy, with the sound. You might want to buy a OEM fan motor. see if there is a difference. If not, just return the OEM motor.

good luck.
Is your fan very quiet?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Smark I haven’t seen the blower in my smart yet.
But most if not all I’ve seen has a little channel that directs air from the impeller to cool the motor while it’s running.
I’m pretty sure it won’t hurt it if it has that.

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
Is your fan very quiet?
It’s sounds fine to me. I don’t feel it thats loud, even on the number 4 high setting. A little louder, when selected on Recirculate. It’s not any louder, then any of my other cars. I’m on my 3rd. Blower motor. They are smart car, OEM ones.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mines like twcom’s as it’s definitely louder then either of my other car’s blowers.
Not sure if it’s a oem one or not but haven’t looked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts