Votes: 80 86.0%
  • Female

Votes: 13 14.0%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm obviously female, but I typically defy the "expected demographic" -- I was the ONLY female employee in the San Antonio technical office for IBM, and the only female in the computer center at UTSA (both many years ago). So I got to wondering what the real demographic is for the Smart Car, at least as far as those on this site goes....

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Of course, this poll may have a selection bias, if more males than females tend to participate in online discussion groups, especially about cars.
I agree. The only thing this poll will determine is what the demographic is of the forum participants, not necessarily the demographic of Smart buyers. But the same could be true of the age poll as well.

·
Super Moderator
29,450 Posts
I think that's all they're intended to show; I have no idea what the overall smart buyer demographic is, although Penske seems to know. Did anyone take a survey from smart?

·
Registered
338 Posts
We (wife and I) are a "couple". The vehicle will mostly be used by her for a daily to and from work transportation but the overall decision was made by the both of us. So how should this be counted in the poll?:confused:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was a little worried that the smart would be (no offense) a "chick car," but I think maybe not by this poll. I currently drive a RAV4 and see many women driving it. I was starting to get a complex. I'm encouraged by this poll.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I was a little worried that the smart would be (no offense) a "chick car," but I think maybe not by this poll. I currently drive a RAV4 and see many women driving it. I was starting to get a complex. I'm encouraged by this poll.
Brian7, no offense taken. I mean, if you want to define a cutting edge, truly hip, innovative, and environmentally sound car as a "chick car" then that's cool with me :) However, your masculinity, as I am sure you know, is not defined merely by a car. Most women I know find a man will to drive something other than a truck with a hemi or a hummer or a (insert stereotypical masculine car here) to be quite attractive. Embrace fluidity--I know I do :)

(all written in good fun, no snarkiness meant)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, for you ifishcat, I would suggest a manly tobacco brown, a shade redolent of hirsute lumberjack goodness. Oh wait, no brown smarts! this is an outrage :) Of course I have made an assumption about your gender here so correct me if I am wrong...

:blush: careful SmartShanna, with such (thoughtful?) offering attention, I might have to PM you on further choices in color/personality/gender matching :)

(crossing off Power Pink interior, guess thats just for shirts, ties, n songstress)

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Snarkiness.... thanks Smarter Shanna!... It has been decades since I last I heard that word, used by my Mom... way back when we lived in Oakland CA. (late 60s early 70s) Army wife, husband in Nam. She had female friends (?) she used to refer as very Snarkey ( and they were ) I always got a kick out of that word

(not trying to date you--- we already know you are appropriately "seasoned citizen", like most of us .. grin)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts