Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, anyone had the experience of installing fog lights on their 2016 Smart? Mine came without them and the dealer won't even talk to me about adding them. I want to do it myself but I know nothing except that no bodyshop here in Austin will touch the job for me. Finding any parts for the 2016 is also futile. Seems that installing 3-inch halo lights with a totally independent switch (no car integration) shouldn't be brain surgery! So...any help will help!

·
Super Moderator
29,352 Posts
Have you confirmed the factory fog light wiring is in place behind the front valance (as it was on the 451s)? If so, the dealer can find the part numbers for the lights, mounts, etc. and you can order those. Big question is can they be activated by the dealer (or owner) as was the case with the 451s...:shrug:

·
Read Only
0 Posts
The factory units have a nifty front/rear switch on the turn signal stalk. That may be why a dealer would be reluctant to retrofit the factory units.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
We don't know much at all about installing them as no one so far we aren't aware of anyone attempting it. The are on my "to do" list. I haven't pulled the lower panel to see what's there. I believe it has been said on the forum that the wiring harness is not present like on the 451. Perhaps we can buy the parts farm Mercedes or perhaps we can fit after-market lights. I have been wondering if we could tie them into the rear fog light feed but then they would not go off on high beam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts