Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to buying a Kenwood Backup camera to add to my Kenwood DNX6140 deck. Here's a couple of pics. Also finally mounted my scangauge securely. Hope you like my new background for my deck.

Attachments

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
I might like your installation better than mine. My camera is mounted dead center below the tailgate. There's a recess with a bolt in it there that looks like it was just made for the camera. It's so inconspicuous ... I doubt anyone will ever notice it on their own. And if they do, they'll think it's stock.

Very nice from the outside: now the down side of my installation. The tailgate cuts off a third of the field on the top and the bumper cuts another third off the bottom. The cutoff area is exaggerated by the fisheye. But it works! The main thing I don't like about it is the fisheye lens.

I like the way none of your picture is missing. :)

Forgive smurf for being dirty, he took a long drive today which included rain and even a short stretch of dirt road. The first dirt he's ever run on. Sure needs a bath.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just so you know, I read your past installation notes and that is what made me decide not to go with the same installation you did! Thanks for your info.

Did you loosen up the screws and pull your camera out some so you won't have that dead zone at the top.

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
It's a little unfortunate you have a camera with such a wide view. I'd check with the supplier to see if they have a narrower view lens you could swap out; that alone might help with the body blocks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't washed the car in a couple of weeks and it is getting rather dirty. I don't see any problem with the camera. The lens is really small and you can clean it with very little effort.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Wouldnt it be better to mount it closer to the curb/passenger side (off center right) rather then the driver side (off center left) That way you can see the curb better when trying to parallel park. I'm going to order one soon myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts