Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Paul Va, is that Smart Madness' armrest? I'm so very excited to have found this info! I knew about SmartMadness before this forum but did not feel confident about their products :X

Seeing the photos and how easy it could be installed makes me very excited. The Prime I got was perfect all around except no armrest! It was either this or one not in a color I like but with an armrest. I used to drive the 2015 model for work and it had an armrest and I miss it very much LOL.

I'll probably look into this more and update with pics as soon as we get to it :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
We rarely speak negatively about any other product, but in this case we would advise against this particular one.

We have over the years considered offering this unit and have also has several customers come in with this unit installed to our shop. The majority were not happy, most traded up after some time or got rid of it all together.

It simply is not a good design and the attachment point fails over time.

Your best bet is ordering the factory unit. At the $100 price point you cannot go wrong. Both of our 453 models came without one and when choosing whether or not to order the factory unit and install it or getting the aftermarket version it was a no brainer decision.

If you want to save a bit more and can wait about 60-90 days or so we will have another unit that we will introduce that will have a storage compartment, be well designed and be priced a bit less.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Installed the Sydmeko armrest (shown by paul V above) sold thru madness. Took about 1 hour. It's really plush and a bit wider then I expected. Nice to have the additional storage. I would recommend this armrest to other 453 owners.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 453 came with arm rest fitted due the the pack I opted for , not that bothered about having one in the first place but wanted the other stuff it came with , although the factory fitted one is good quality & doesn't look out of place I would prefer one like this .
Firstly the factory fitted one does not have internal storage like this one , and also seems to fit a little too low for me and is not adjustable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's a couple pictures of an armrest we have available on SMART MADNESS.

Installed:

Here's a link for those interested:
smart fortwo 453 Armrest - Adjustable Online Store - smart car Parts and Accessories
Thank you for you great pictures and helpful info.......so want an arm rest for my smart,proving impossible in the UK....grrrrr.....do you have an actual parts number,maybe I could get Euro parts to order me one in.......Has it made a lot of difference to your driving comfort by the way?

Thanks again
Judy

21 - 30 of 30 Posts