Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to install these in the car. I am probably going to buy them from crutchfield so I can get the brackets. Is there anything I should know about the install. I want to leave the car intact and not modify it in anyway. Are they a drop-in install?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I replaced my stock speakers with these on my 2008 by removing the door skins, the grills are completely stock and the only way to tell the difference is the sound is much better. I got mine with the foam backers which made the install a little tight but I think it is definitely worth it.:D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you need any special brackets or did you need to modify the vehicle at all to get them to fit? Were you able to keep the factory mounting tabs or did you have to cut them off?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I don't remember because it's been so long ago (one of my 1st mods) but I remember it wasn't very hard to do. I don't remember any brackets at all, the only extra was the foam backing behind the speakers. You may or may not want them but I think it's a good idea to block the back.The Crutchfield people seem very helpful, I'm very satisfied.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts