Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, on my commute home from work, an older Ford Explorer pulled up beside me. :idiot: The driver and passenger pointing and laughing at me... up until he rear-ended the FedEx truck that was stopped in his lane.

I wouldn't wish harm on any person, and the two were thankfully uninjured. But there's one more gas hog off the road for at least a little while.:woohoo:

Sometimes you just gotta love Karma.

Ziggy...
:smartje.bl.zw:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Believe me, I would have LOVED to have caught that on video... Especially the looks on their faces: "ha ha ha... D'OH!!!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
And unfortunately, this probably just created two more smart "haters".:mad:

It was their stupidity, but you know they blamed the wreck on you.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Omg, thanks for sharing that awesome story. I agree, I wouldn't wish for anyone to be hurt, but it's freakin hilarious that this happened while they were doing that. Made my day.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I was thinking that was great Instant Karma but then started thinking and hate to say it but if he was sitting still minding his own business and got rear ended he'll get the $$ la$t laugh $$. :( I can't believe the driver and passenger didn't simultaneously open their doors, drop to the ground then start flailing and wailing. Sounds like they might be that sort of pond scum (also coupled with the fact of your location, I think you have some of the same sort of people we have here :p)

Poor FedEx driver. :( He most likely hit the Explorer because he too was pointing and laughing at your smart. :idiot: :p:p

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
..I hate to see this happening...no matter what the situation was...
..I have seen this a lot when driving my other car...people looking and not watching where they were going...an accident happens...not funny...

jetfuel...head on a swivel...

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I was thinking that was great Instant Karma but then started thinking and hate to say it but if he was sitting still minding his own business and got rear ended he'll get the $$ la$t laugh $$. :( I can't believe the driver and passenger didn't simultaneously open their doors, drop to the ground then start flailing and wailing. Sounds like they might be that sort of pond scum (also coupled with the fact of your location, I think you have some of the same sort of people we have here :p)

Poor FedEx driver. :( He most likely hit the Explorer because he too was pointing and laughing at your smart. :idiot: :p:p
Kermit, you've misread the entire incident. The people in the Explorer were pointing and laughing at the smart, when the Explorer hit the stopped Fedex truck. Your version has it all backwards?

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Oh man. I DID misread it! Darn slyxdexia. :eek:

Thanks for catching that. :eek:

Well then all is well! THAT is instant Karma for sure. What would have made it more classic is to stop, point and laugh back then.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

No, it was the explorer that hit the FedEx truck... The FedEx driver was just an innocent bystander.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
No, it was the explorer that hit the FedEx truck... The FedEx driver was just an innocent bystander.
See post #13 & #14. I was embarrassed enough the first time it was pointed out, now this is just rubbing salt in the wound. :rolleyes: :D:D:D I'm OK - just skimmed it way to fast and got them flip flopped.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hopefully this is an ok story:

So in our driveway,

We had a fridge, range, dishwasher, and microwave (cool micro...able to open on both sides) delivered on Friday and Saturday.

Also had an independant F350 diesel delivery driver install overhead garage racks for more storage.

#1 The question from the appliance delivery guys, quote: aren't you afraid to drive in that car?

next day,

#2 The lone delivery/install guy asked me, quote: how can you drive that? I would be scared. Do you get good gas mileage?

Answer: the three guys listened and were fair. Depends on us on how we present the smartie.

Always fun to show off the smart.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts