Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As otherwise indicated in the group, USAA is the way to go, if you have the military/ex-military qualifications for membership. A call to them got a preliminary quote of <$19/month ($300k/$500k, $500 deductible). The quote was preliminary, as USAA does not have any claims history on the vehicle, and in fact, they don

·
Registered
21 Posts
usaa

I've been with USAA for well over 20 yrs now and would not think of switching. The had no problems with my Smart or any of my other vehicles and after 2 claims in all that time my rates never did make any drastic jumps.

They also financed my vehicles, do my banking, cover my home insurance, and handle all my investment capital. When I first joined way back when, they used to be only for military officers. They have since relaxed their eligibility requirements. Now, all my kids have switched to USAA also. I think you still need to have some form of connection to the military, but you no longer have the strict requirement for being a military officer. :cool:

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
USAA membership is open to:
Children of USAA members.
Active-duty officers and enlisted personnel.
National Guard and Selected Reserve officers and enlisted personnel.
Officer candidates in commissioning programs.
Recently retired or separated military personnel.
Former USAA members.

Unfortunately this prevents most of us from being able to get coverage from a great insurance company. However, I certainly can't begrudge those who have served for our freedom their advantage in this instance. They certainly don't get enough reward as it is.

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Usaa

USAA membership is open to:
Children of USAA members.
Active-duty officers and enlisted personnel.
National Guard and Selected Reserve officers and enlisted personnel.
Officer candidates in commissioning programs.
Recently retired or separated military personnel.
Former USAA members....
In the case of the first qualifier noted, children of USAA members, a child or spouse of a full USAA member can receive individual insurance coverage from USAA-CIC (USAA-Casualty Insurance Company), but not full membership. They themselves cannot pass the CIC quaification to their own progeny unless they go on to otherwise fully qualify themselves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts