Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Steven! Where do you find this F'ing stuff? :D What a load of @#$%!!!!!
Cute if you can get over the profanity, out of the mouths of babes.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I wonder who that ad is aimed at? Demographics aside, why would any company want to go out and offend any potential buyers. Very cute, and very poor taste.

·
Registered
211 Posts
After living in Europe for a while, the Netherlands specifically, I can tell you that almost no one would be offended by this ad over here. The words used in this video are pretty much parts of every day polite conversations. Hearing a 3 year old say [email protected]%& is not unusual at all. As an American it took me a while to get used to it, but I don't think anyone would do anything but smile at this ad in western Europe.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I saw the ad earlier in the week and was going to post the link, but thought about the forum's guidelines and thought it would be offensive to some / many . . .

Don't think the ad is aimed at those of us in the US as the forfour won't be sold here. Europeans have a more liberal way of expressing themselves, evidently . . .

Good Driving,

Daniel

·
Registered
665 Posts
Uhhhh.. Were is the soap....
I was thinking that as well. :laugh: It must be a generational thing and maybe over in Europe it is more acceptable, but I still don't think it is appropriate for any kid, old or young to be using that kind of language. I don't, my kids don't and either do their kids.

What bothers me, as a business person, is the targeting of just that audience that finds it amusing or tolerates that. Why focus the budget on that market and ignore the rest of the world. Seems like a waste of dollars when they could have left out the language and used the concept and market it worldwide. Better bang for the buck. But maybe M-B has so much money in their coffers from us plebeians that they can afford to do that and not care what others think. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
For those not spanish speakers or too lazy to translate :D
>>New smart forfour.
So smart, you'll forget it's a four door.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts