Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '08 cab with 89K Minnesota miles and related weather challenges. The heater worked well for the initial 11 years. It recently decided to send warm or cool air at random intervals when heat was requested. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

· Registered
1,585 Posts
Sounds like your heat blend door or temperature is malfunctioning.

The temperature sensor wiring can sometimes be damaged by an errant passenger foot (it’s mounted above the passenger footwell) and goes through an opening in the side of the heating/ac unit.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an '08 cab with 89K Minnesota miles and related weather challenges. The heater worked well for the initial 11 years. It recently decided to send warm or cool air at random intervals when heat was requested. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

The temperature sensor wiring can sometimes be damaged by an errant passenger foot (it’s mounted above the passenger footwell) and goes through an opening in the side of the heating/ac unit.

Thanks, Vadsoom. Will check for physical damage and connection issues.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. No physical damage observed in Rt foot well. The heater control actuator is now suspect, but I'm uncertain if this replacement can be done by a novice(me). Are there any
u-tube or internet instructions? The other option is a visit to my independent Smart Car repair shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.