Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Smart Fans!
I want to introduce my self to everyone in the region. I am the Performance Division Manager with Mercedes Benz of Buckead and the new Smart Dealer. I have over 20 years of experience in german/Mercedes Tuning. We have a dedicated department that performs all of the upgrades and accessories on site. We are the Carlsson, Reentech,Kleeman Distributor for south east. My previous background include being the Representative for Lorinser for the last 10 years. We will be able to do all of the accessories on the Smart Cars at the Mercedes Benz of Buckhead Performance Center. www.mbobpc.com

Accessories: We are having a hard time getting accessories stateside for Smart. According to Smart, they will not have anything for 6-12 months. I plan on traveling to Euroupe next month to deal directly with the companies that have items. We will be importing wheels, body kits, interior components, exhaust, etc. There are even ECU engine upgrades available.

Smart Support: Currently we have a dedicated panel that meets weekly with in our dealership that deals with Smart only issues. We might even get some of you to join us in our meetings. Our staff has been traveling lately for Smart training to provide all of you the best service available.

Car Club. I do not think there is one in Georgia. We are willing to help organize and support one. We would rather have a Smart owner start this up with our support.

If any one has any questions on accessories, car club, meetings, or suggestions, please send me e mail. I would also like to organize a tour of our Dealership for Smart Owners.
Kevin

·
Registered
931 Posts
Welcome, and thanks for your support and suggestions. Makes me envy your customers.

Learning that accessories will not be available for a while comforts the fact that I am a late reserver.

:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Welcome, and thanks for your support and suggestions. Makes me envy your customers.

Learning that accessories will not be available for a while comforts the fact that I am a late reserver.

:)
Accessories are available over seas. Smart also contracted with Brabus on the accessories and I cannot get from Brabus North America. Nothing for 6-12 months. our performance web site is www.mbobpc.com Brabus is way to expensive though. Do not worry. I have over 20 years in the industry and contacts over seas. I will be traveling over seas in a few weeks to put some contracts together. I promise , we will have accessories that other Smart dealers will not. Wheels packages from Lorinser, etc. Body kits. We will also be doing custom interiors. Do not let this discourage you for we can handle it, even if you did not buy it from us.

Kevin

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hey, Buckhead is a great place to visit. Nice drive from Florida as well, provided I time my arrival to miss the traffic.

:D

·
Registered
721 Posts
WOOOO HOOOO! :woohoo
I will, one day, be one of your customers!

It's good to hear someone with your experience will be heading up the show here. Lookin' forward to a long relationship.

:D

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yes.
I was at the test drive, on Oct 7th.
As I told someone recently, I planned on making the trip again on Jan, 9th to see if things were coming together there. If anyone would like to join me there, then, so be it...:) I love to take a guided tour ! !

:cool:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I doubt we will have anything on Jan 9th, but come any way.Lunch on me at our cafe! I will make sure I am available. I will be putting an order in this week on 17 inch Lorinser wheels called speedy this week if any one is interested send me pm and I will e mail quote on the package and pics if needed.I will take deposits on them . I am expecting to go ahead and get in maybe 10 sets on next container. I think we should get a Atlanta Club together!

·
Super Moderator
28,302 Posts
Welcome aboard; nice to see all the dealers signing on. Just my .02, but I'd encourage all the dealers on the forum to click the "dealers wanted" link at the top of the page and become supporting dealers on this forum. :)

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
Hello this is Marlon. I have been working with John W Shaver and have spoke with Grene N Baranco and Reginald. I just wanted to say I am so exited to see you plugged in to this forum and I am looking foward to a future relationship with MB of Buckhead dealership.

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
Yes.
I was at the test drive, on Oct 7th.
As I told someone recently, I planned on making the trip again on Jan, 9th to see if things were coming together there. If anyone would like to join me there, then, so be it...:) I love to take a guided tour ! !

I am planning to go on Jan 9th as well. I work that day at MARTA Headquaters 1 block away. However if you like to meet up as well I will be going there on my lunch to the dealer to meet Kevin at 2pm and will be there for about 1hr.

·
Registered
721 Posts
2PM sounds fine to me, but I'll most certainly be looking forward to lunch by THAT time...I'm Greg. :eek:

I spoke with Emily some time ago. Is she heading up smart sales?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No Grene Baranco is charge of the Smart Program. She is our owners daughter and very experienced. Emily is a sales associate.The Baranco's are awesome people. They love their employees and love their customers. I have never worked for some one that loves this business so much. Mr and Mrs Baranco are always around(rare in some dealerships) I am in charge of all accessories and their installations. From body packages, interior, turbo charges, etc. I am working very hard on having products available.I encourage evryone to come visit me and we can personalize your Smart , or just come by and enjoy our lounges and cafe.

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
No Grene Baranco is charge of the Smart Program. She is our owners daughter and very experienced. Emily is a sales associate.The Baranco's are awesome people. They love their employees and love their customers. I have never worked for some one that loves this business so much. Mr and Mrs Baranco are always around(rare in some dealerships) I am in charge of all accessories and their installations. From body packages, interior, turbo charges, etc. I am working very hard on having products available.I encourage evryone to come visit me and we can personalize your Smart , or just come by and enjoy our lounges and cafe.
I agree I have been there several times since I reserved my SMART and the dealer is Elite quality and very upscale. You will not be disappointed.
Well Greg im Marlon and I look foward to seing you there on Jan 9th. Im exited to meet a another local reservee.

·
Registered
721 Posts
... another local reservee.
While I wish this were true. I'm merely a huge enthusiast, in that, I've not placed a reservation yet. I'm waiting a little longer than you guys...but I WILL have MY smart...(They just don't make it yet. ;))

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Smart Fans!
I want to introduce my self to everyone in the region. I am the Performance Division Manager with Mercedes Benz of Buckead and the new Smart Dealer. I have over 20 years of experience in german/Mercedes Tuning. We have a dedicated department that performs all of the upgrades and accessories on site. We are the Carlsson, Reentech,Kleeman Distributor for south east. My previous background include being the Representative for Lorinser for the last 10 years. We will be able to do all of the accessories on the Smart Cars at the Mercedes Benz of Buckhead Performance Center. www.mbobpc.com

Accessories: We are having a hard time getting accessories stateside for Smart. According to Smart, they will not have anything for 6-12 months. I plan on traveling to Euroupe next month to deal directly with the companies that have items. We will be importing wheels, body kits, interior components, exhaust, etc. There are even ECU engine upgrades available.

Smart Support: Currently we have a dedicated panel that meets weekly with in our dealership that deals with Smart only issues. We might even get some of you to join us in our meetings. Our staff has been traveling lately for Smart training to provide all of you the best service available.

Car Club. I do not think there is one in Georgia. We are willing to help organize and support one. We would rather have a Smart owner start this up with our support.

If any one has any questions on accessories, car club, meetings, or suggestions, please send me e mail. I would also like to organize a tour of our Dealership for Smart Owners.
Kevin

I am working on starting a car club "the smart society" and be very interested in your support. Hope to get my smart soon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I did talk to Kevin about what I want to do with my car... and he knows what he is talking about... we looked at couple of aftermarket wide body kits and wheels... He'll contact me as soon as he has his (they are working on the Black Smart) baby done... about a month he sad.... I'll take some pictures and will post it here if he doesn't mind... TY

1 - 16 of 16 Posts