Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Norwood, OH. I've been reading the forum for quite some time, just recently registered so I could vote in the polls. Most of the time I walk to work, but there are times when it is very cold or rainy and I have to drive. The smart will be a second car for me to use mainly city driving. I ordered a Passion white with black tridion and red interior. I've agonized over the color, not wanting to appear geek squad or cop car-LOL! But I keep coming back to these same colors, so probably will end up with this.

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
You are not alone

Thank you! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.
Welcome, AuntieM!
Some research would probably reveal that a large number of members on this forum are 50+ (I am 61) and have said and thought the same thing. So join the crowd of *kids* here and we'll all impatiently wait for our cars to arrive. What will be very interesting to read in here is once some of our really early reservists (like me---:D ) actually get their cars, what kinds of informational posts will come as a result of our driving experiences.
Should be alot of fun and revealing to share those experiences.....hopefully they will be mostly good ones :) :)
John

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you BimmerDob and jonnysan. I haven't been this excited about a car since my Honda CRX. We've owned 2 Saturns and now a Toyota Corolla, and I let my husband decide what to get. I could take it or leave it-LOL! But this is going to be MY car, which will be perfect for the around the city driving that I do.

I am definitely looking forward to living vicariously through all you early reservists.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you jwight and GHammerly. I've got a phobia about red cars. I've owned 2 red cars. The first one was totalled after one payment (lady ran a stop sign, I was going 50 mph and hit her broadside-that hurt). The second one I made 4 payments and was rear-ended, totalled that one also. I said I would never own another red car. But they sure do look pretty. Guess that's why I picked red interior.

·
Registered
347 Posts
AuntieM, you're not in Kansas anymore!
Seriously, welcome to the forum, and come back often! There is lots of repartee and good info here.
Really nice color choices!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Karl Roth-Thanks! I'm learning patience!!

sisyphus-You make me smile:woohoo
I've been checking the forum a couple of times a day now. The excitement is building and this forum is THE place to be!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts