Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just received my Invitation to Confirm my Smart order this morning at 12:01 a.m. :D I originally placed my reservation on the afternoon of 3/24 or #1178 (corrected). I'll take my time going through the confirmation process tonight and report back if they have changed any part of that process since the first confirmations were taken.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Just received my Invitation to Confirm my Smart order this morning at 12:01 a.m. :D I originally placed my reservation on the afternoon of 3/24 (#1174). I'll take my time going through the confirmation process tonight and report back if they have changed any part of that process since the first confirmations were taken.
Oooh! Congrats! That's my day and my magic four numbers, too but I haven't heard anything yet :(

·
Registered
564 Posts
Congratulations lhoboy!

I'm still 6 days behind you, so probably still a few weeks away from confirmation. But clearly the list is being worked, and getting closer to my number...:)

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts

Just received my Invitation to Confirm my Smart order this morning at 12:01 a.m. :D I originally placed my reservation on the afternoon of 3/24 (#1174). I'll take my time going through the confirmation process tonight and report back if they have changed any part of that process since the first confirmations were taken.
Ihoboy,
I got my invitation to confirm last week (10/8) and my confirmation date was 3/20 and last four of #1174. So it appears they are still in the 1174 number range on the invitations.

Fish,
My invitation information had the same statement in it about the choices not necessarily being what will be available...Not sure what that really means....If no leather is available then I will get cloth seats I guess.....for example....we'll see. Once the dealer calls me....that is what will gel the whole deal I feel....so the wait continues.......:confused:

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ihoboy,
I got my invitation to confirm last week (10/8) and my confirmation date was 3/20 and last four of #1174. So it appears they are still in the 1174 number range on the invitations.
:
I goofed on my first post. My reservation number is 1178 (instead of 1174). It looks like they made it through an additional 4 days within the past week. I'm guessing that there are reservation surges that coincide with days that they sent out emails to encourage reservations.

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's the response email to my order:

Thank you for finalizing your smart fortwo reservation by selecting your model
choice, color and options. Click below to get a printable version of your
vehicle preferences.

My Smart

We appreciate your enthusiasm for this very special car that is functional,
innovative, economical, and simply puts a smile on your face!

As vehicles become available, an authorized smart USA dealer will receive your
vehicle preference information and will contact you to work out the details of
your purchase agreement and arrange for delivery.
Please be sure to keep a copy of your reservation acknowledgment details for
reference. Should you have any questions, please call 1-800-smart-USA.

Again, we appreciate your continued excitement for the smart fortwo.

Kind regards,

Dave Schembri
President, smart USA
Based on the last paragraph, it looks like they are not placing factory orders based on customer preference, but rather they are going to try to match the customer request based on the actual fleet that randomly appears on U.S. shores.

·
Registered
564 Posts
a2jack reports on another thread that he too received the confirmation email this week, having reserved on 3/22. So it looks like a single batch of 350 confirmations spans at least 2 or 3 days worth of reservations at this point.

At this rate I could get my confirmation email by Thanksgiving. :):):)

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
a2jack reports on another thread that he too received the confirmation email this week, having reserved on 3/22. So it looks like a single batch of 350 confirmations spans at least 2 or 3 days worth of reservations at this point.

At this rate I could get my confirmation email by Thanksgiving. :):):)
That confirms that the big rush was on the 19th. Other rushes occurred whenever Smart sent out additional email blasts encouraging reservations

·
Registered
4 Posts
Help

I placed my reservation on 7/17 and the last fours numbers are 1293. When should i expect my order for my smart?? Anyone have any ideas .:confused:

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
I placed my reservation on 7/17 and the last fours numbers are 1293. When should i expect my order for my smart?? Anyone have any ideas .:confused:
You're like me, in July. I figure it will be sometime between next February - April.....hopefully, before they get around to us.

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No real way of knowing unless we start plotting the invitation dates against their respective reservation dates.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm sure some people have backed out of their reservations so the original numbers (amount of people with reservations) have changed bringing some of us forward a little in the process :).

1 - 20 of 68 Posts