Smart Car of America Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
New Smart in Ames

Hi all,

Just picked up my red/black passion coupe Thursday (Jan 22, 2009) in La Vista. Reserved it May 31, 2007 so I waited 602 days (20 months) for it to arrive. I'm taking it to Spencer tomorrow for a visit so I'll have 600 miles on it after the 4th day.

What do you all think about 10K miles before the first oil change?

John Maurer
Ames, IA

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Hi all,

Just picked up my red/black passion coupe Thursday (Jan 22, 2009) in La Vista. Reserved it May 31, 2007 so I waited 602 days (20 months) for it to arrive. I'm taking it to Spencer tomorrow for a visit so I'll have 600 miles on it after the 4th day.

What do you all think about 10K miles before the first oil change?

John Maurer
Ames, IA

I changed my oil at 5K, just because I think 10k is too long an interval for such a small motor. IMHO.
I bought 6 filters from LaVista and used 0W-40 Mobile1.
Larry

Just got the cargo tracking information on mine. It was oaded onto the cargo ship in Bremerhaven today (About 14 hours ago-their time), ETA in Baltimore February 7. Looking like the end of the month of February before it will get to LaVista, another couple weeks before I can get away from work to go and pick her up. So all told, about 600 days for me too!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.