Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 smart and have been running my iPod classic with it through the glove box usb without difficulty or incident for quite some time. I had to reset the warning light recently for the 2 year interval warning, and at that point the iPod is read by the radio as it always did, but it won't play. It identifies the song, etc., and I can choose a song, etc., but it doesn't play. Anybody have this sort of thing happen, and if so, what did you do? Help...

·
17,350 Posts
Are the speakers on mute? Maybe there's something wrong with the 30-Pin connector you're using? Any changes to the iPod?

If it was working before, there's no reason it shouldn't be working now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The speakers are on....the radio continues to work, etc. I have tried changing the 30pin connector a couple of times with the same result. I have verified that the iPod itself is functioning properly. Is it possible that the usb connection inside the glovebox has become faulty somehow? Is there anyway to test or verify that?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Have you recently updated (or possibly the device updated automatically?) to a new IOS?

I know that certain earlier versions of the IOS work fine, but recent versions have issues?

·
17,350 Posts
Have you recently updated (or possibly the device updated automatically?) to a new IOS?

I know that certain earlier versions of the IOS work fine, but recent versions have issues?
iPod Classic devices do not run iOS. :D

IIRC - No version of iOS will work on a smart headunit as the headunit is incapable of reading the iOS filesystem. It amazes me that smart doesn't point things like that out in the manual. :)

OP, if nothing's changed about the iPod and the only thing that's the variable is the service interval being reset, then there something definitely broken or malfunctioning in the headunit.

But before you run to the dealer, restore the iPod. Sometimes the firmware gets a little goofy and could use a nice refresh.

Alternatively, the dock connector within the iPod itself may be broken. As an easy test, try another iPod that doesn't run iOS...or even a regular little MP3 player.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts