Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, does anyone know if the smarts will come with auxiliary jacks for iPods and mp3 players? I would interested in hearing from someone who's taken a test drive. How good was the system sound??? If they don't have jacks, I'll be sorely disappointed because I would think such a forward looking vehicle would certainly have one.

It would be even better if they offered iPod integrators so you can see what song is playing on the display.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are plenty of auxilliary cables available on ebay.co.uk for the radios which are in the Fortwo, Forfour and Roadster models currently on sale in Europe.

I'm sure Smart will have a better solution for the newer models though, perhaps a stereo with a proper iPod dock connector as you said. I got around this by getting an aftermarket Sony stereo which does its job very well.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
The upgraded 6CD changer on the Cabrio mentions about being "mp3 compatible" - what that amounts to, I don't know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The upgraded 6CD changer on the Cabrio mentions about being "mp3 compatible" - what that amounts to, I don't know.
This usually means that it can play MP3 CDs, as in MP3 files burned to a CD. It really ups the capacity of CDs to around a few hundred tracks rather than just ten or twenty.

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
AUX or auxiliary is the one that's MAYYYYBE iPod ready, right?
The passion offers an auxillary input for iPods (or any other input device). It does not offer info integration to the head unit, but plenty of aftermarket iPod adaptors will accomplish that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts