Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered an exhaust from Smart Madness a week ago. That charge went through, but I haven't received shipping confirmation (let alone the exhaust) and they haven't responded when I have tried to contact them. The order processing through the web site probably requires no human interaction to accept orders and charge credit cards, so I am wondering if anyone is there processing orders.

·
Vendor
3,579 Posts
Hello BiffNotZeem,

Thank you for your support.

Yes we are still here and processing orders.

We have been very busy these last few months, and have some of our team working remotely which lends less hand in the office with the phones and emails.

We will send you a PM to get your order number and see if we can get you an update.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. Responded to the PM.

Since I placed the ForTwo exhaust order, I ordered parts from the UK (for one of my cars not originally sold new in the US), received the parts and installed them on the car. So, between that and receiving my credit card bill which included the charge, I am a bit frustrated with the situation.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just ordered a gopedal from them (ended up calling in to make the order) and had issues myself. I could not get an Email receipt or order confirmation. Also, when I try and track my order with the number provided it keeps telling me the order doesn’t exsist! 😬

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bummer. They responded pretty quick when I messaged them here.

However, it turns out that the exhaust is backordered, so I am thinking that I will have paid the credit card bill before I receive it.

I bought a complete exhaust for my Lancia last month. It was made to order in Italy, shipped to the seller in England and then shipped to me in WA state in less time than it will take to get the one that I ordered for the smart.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Bummer. They responded pretty quick when I messaged them here.

However, it turns out that the exhaust is backordered, so I am thinking that I will have paid the credit card bill before I receive it.

I bought a complete exhaust for my Lancia last month. It was made to order in Italy, shipped to the seller in England and then shipped to me in WA state in less time than it will take to get the one that I ordered for the smart.
I ordered from them before the chaos and got a quick response, but 6 months ago seems a whole world away now.

I will say it strikes me as odd that they charged before even having it in stock. Perhaps I've just gotten spoiled by other vendors, but I don't expect to get charged for an item until it's processed and shipped; remember when buying things took 6-8 weeks for delivery? :p

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I’ve never had a issue with Madness auto works. I order sometime, it was shipped to me, in a timely Manor. Items for the smart car, and my Fiat 500. Last time we visit them, the owner gave my wife and myself free apparel, license plates holders, and hot wheels cars.

if I were you personally, I would just cancel the order and have them return my money. They are pretty reputable company. I’ve order several items on the phone...

2716 Dawson Ave.
Signal Hill, CA 90755
562-981-6800

·
Vendor
3,579 Posts
I just ordered a gopedal from them (ended up calling in to make the order) and had issues myself. I could not get an Email receipt or order confirmation. Also, when I try and track my order with the number provided it keeps telling me the order doesn’t exsist! 😬
Hello PennyR,

Thank you for your support.

It appears we had an I.T. issue with the automated email updates on orders last week.

I believe I was able to locate your order with the Tracking number. We'll send you a PM with that info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered an exhaust from Smart Madness a week ago. That charge went through, but I haven't received shipping confirmation (let alone the exhaust) and they haven't responded when I have tried to contact them. The order processing through the web site probably requires no human interaction to accept orders and charge credit cards, so I am wondering if anyone is there processing orders.
I also ordered an exhaust from Smart Madness several months ago. The order went through in short order and was shipped within a week. It, however, ended up in Memphis Tenn. and was held in quarantine with all incoming shipments for almost 3 weeks while it was inspected. I am very happy with response from Smart Madness and the quality of the exhaust was well worth waiting for.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Last time I was in Long Beach to pick up a part the place looked pretty empty. Their service shop building across the street was for sale. No merchandise in the store any more. Kind of sad to see. It was a cool place to stop by and check out all the cool stuff in person. Miss the events they had there too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The gearbox has gone bad on my car, so I may cancel the order until after the problem with it figured out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts