Smart Car of America Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2017 453 ForTwo Coupe ED
87 Posts
Looking again at the 453 in question. It appears to have black/orange interior. Didn't the Pure come only in black cloth? That would mean this car is either a Passion or Prime. If I remember the 453 models correctly.
The VIN lookup lists 16" wheels, heated seats, and Style package, so you may be right. I am certainly no expert in this.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Get a "line pick ticket from MB" That will definitely state how the vehicle was spec'd. On a lighter note... I have a "HEMI" emblem on Minimus. Some Chrysler fanatic says it isn't powered by a HEMI... I said you're right... It's half of a car!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I met a very nice older couple who are selling their 2017 Smart Cabrio, asking $13,900, it has about 23,000 miles. The car is badged as an AMG on back and has an AMG decal on the doors. I cannot find any information that AMG ever worked with Smart. I was able to find that AMG had contemplated working with them after Brabus did, but it appears from my research that nothing came of the discussions. The wheels are also the basic Smart wheels and the tire size is 15", if it were a true AMG wouldn't the tires be larger, the wheels fancier and perhaps some carbon fiber body modifications? Let me know what you folks think, I'm certainly no expert and will defer to you folks. Photos attached.
This car is a Passion. The photo of the document even states this. I have never heard or seen of a Pure Cabriolet. From my recollection, only Edition 1's had the orange interior. Many owner's removed the 16" rims and low profile fitted tires. Looks like 15" steel wheels with the appropriate tires were installed. This was done to get more tire sidewall and improved ride quality.

·
Super Moderator
17,656 Posts
This car is a Passion. The photo of the document even states this. I have never heard or seen of a Pure Cabriolet. From my recollection, only Edition 1's had the orange interior. Many owner's removed the 16" rims and low profile fitted tires. Looks like 15" steel wheels with the appropriate tires were installed. This was done to get more tire sidewall and improved ride quality.
Orange interiors were available in more than just the Edition 1, but correct, the pures were not available as convertibles. Judging from the mention of shift paddles, this car originally had the black-painted wheels of the Sport Package.

Those wheels aren't too rare, so it wouldn't make sense to trash all four after one got damaged. My guess is that the previous owner bought another smart and decided to keep the cool wheels. I've been there, done that with a few Volkswagens!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have some bridges in New York I can let go for a good price. One of them has Ferrari painted on the wall. I'm sure it's authentic.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The first new version Fiat 500 came to America in 2007. Pontiac went out of business after the 2002 model year. I don't think this modded 500 was done under Pontiac's blessing.
Pontiac did not go out of business in 2002, i have a 2009 Pontiac Solstice

Bill

41 - 49 of 49 Posts