Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just finished stripping off a bunch of miscellaneous badges from the used Smart I just got. Looks like the previous used car lots had tried as well and in the process of using a razor-type blade they really damaged the plastic. I as able to remove these with WD-40, heat, a Mr. Clean "Magic Eraser" (awesome!) and lots of elbow grease.

But one badge I was afraid to pull off. There's a neatly applied "Brabus" badge on the trunk. There are no B's or Brabus logos to be found anywhere else. This is a 2013 and I think there were Brabus models, but all the ones I've seen had the Brabus logo everywhere.

Does anyone know how to tell what I have before I tear off that badge?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Looks like the wrong Brabus badge as well. In addition, it should have badges on the front grill and on the flashing near the side view mirrors. Not to mention the rocker and rear wheel arch flairs, and the wheels. On my own, a previous owner stuck black BRABUS letters on the trunk. Actually looked pretty good, but I would have done chrome letters.

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,912 Posts
You have a 451 smart fortwo ED cabrio WITH the $850 Kinetic Green Appearance Package option.

Kinetic Green Appearance Package: The electric green tridion safety cell and matching door mirror caps make the smart fortwo electric drive even more eye-catching. This impression is further emphasized by the body panels and 9-spoke alloy wheels in crystal white. Electric green components in the interior are special features of the Kinetic Green Appearance Package.

NOT a Brabus...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the responses! This particular badge seems well stuck on, so I didn't want to tackle it needlessly. I poked around Youtube and confirmed a lot of what you guys said. Almost all Brabus models have big tires, distinctive mag wheels, B badges on the wheel caps and gas cap as well as front, back and side Brabus badges..... except I saw two examples of "Tailor Made" Brabus cars that looked like ordinary cars with very distinctive paint and upholstery options and just a few small Brabus badges.
Since I first posted I have removed 4 stick-on Mercedes-Benz wheel caps and another 3-point star! The previous owner was an elementary school PE teacher and there is gummy evidence of many more stickers. I'll bet he made quite a hit with the kids in this car!

·
Super Moderator
17,596 Posts
In addition to the loads of incorrect badging and silly stick on bits, the PO of your car also relocated the tailgate's smart badge. It's supposed to be top and center, not on the bottom left.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well that's interesting. I don't think it's easy to relocate a complex string of letters. Hmmm.

·
Super Moderator
17,596 Posts
I bet the previous owner peeled the original smart badge off and applied a new one purchased online/from a dealer.

Reactions: dhlairbusb4

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have these BRABUS letters stuck on the back of my BRABUS, courtesy of a previous owner. They actually don't look bad, aside from missing two of them. There is a chrome set that is available that might look better.

IMG_1019.JPG

·
Registered
118 Posts
This is not a actual smart ED3 with the Brabus upgrades.

The brabus has got a different "electric drive | Brabus" tag than the one here.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought I would share the final count of stick-ons for this car (plus the Brabus). There was also evidence of some sort of steering wheel cover and it has a complete set of fake carbon fiber stick-ons in the cabin! The previous owner taught elementary school PE and was a real favorite with the kids. He must have been a character!
bling.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts