Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm hoping one of you Smart car connoisseur may have an answer for me. While slowing down, driving towards a Stop sign, I heard a pretty loud bang coming from underneath the car and it kinda got me worried. I parked the car and went out looking, only a few feet away, to see if something fell off and I picked up this metal rod, approximately 19 inches long. It's very possible that I just drove over it, and hit the rod at a certain angle, which hit the underneath of the car. Having said that, does it look like it would belong to the car? I'm just hoping it didn't hit anything, other than the car frame, that would have cause damage but it's late and too dark to have a look. I will in the morning.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good to know, WhiteNBlack08. I was concerned that something actually fell of the car. The knock was real loud, I'm just hoping it didn't damage anything. I drove the car for a good half hour later that evening and all seem to be running smoothly. Thank you for your input! Cheers!

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
That's good to know, WhiteNBlack08. I was concerned that something actually fell of the car. The knock was real loud, I'm just hoping it didn't damage anything. I drove the car for a good half hour later that evening and all seem to be running smoothly. Thank you for your input! Cheers!
I ran over something a couple of year ago in my smart. Never saw it, never found it, but it cut a 1 1/2" gash in the right rear tire, and made a horrible noise as it flopped around the wheel well. It came out, and I couldn't find it, but the tire was flat instantly... No fix-a-flat could repair that one. Had to go get a new tire put on...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a hood prop rod from another car. Any thing hitting under these cars make a lot of noise.
It actually does look like a hood prop rod and I've yet to see any real damage on my car. Best would be to place it on a lift and have a good look for any damage. Hopefully, there isn't any.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts