Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
The term for that type of intake is the Oxymoron Air Intake. So named because one removes the original air intake that takes in cooler air from outside the car and one replaces it with the aftermarket so-called cold air intake that is open to the hotter engine compartment air. Brilliant. :wink:

Yes, I am being a smartaxx. It is my only talent and I see no reason not to use it. :D

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
The term for that type of intake is the Oxymoron Air Intake. So named because one removes the original air intake that takes in cooler air from outside the car and one replaces it with the aftermarket so-called cold air intake that is open to the hotter engine compartment air. Brilliant. :wink:

Yes, I am being a smartaxx. It is my only talent and I see no reason not to use it. :D
It is a cold air intake when you add the silicone tube on the end attaching to the external air intake. They can be bought at Smart Madness.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Yes, and when you stand it on end and put two grooves in it, it's an ashtray. The one pictured was not in either configuration. :wink:
Certainly not in the configuration of an ashtray...I'll give you that...however it is in the proper configuration to receive the silicone tube extension fitting around the filter and extending toward the air intake on the side of the smart. It just doesn't have the tube. :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts