Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was driving her 08 smart and was stopped at a traffic light, the turned green, she went to go and the transmission went into neutral and the engine stopped running. I towed it home and checked out the clutch actuator and the worm gear was snapped, ordered a new one and installed it per the manual. Tried to start but the 3 lines, tried to relearn the tranny but nothing. I have 2 codes p1800 and p1801. Any suggestions what else to check and what is cause, it seems that to tranny is stuck in between gears or something. The car will not move when shifter indicator is in park but all the other gears the car will roll freely. I also unplugged battery and let sit over night and still nothing. So any suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
333 Posts
First, look up those codes, that may help.
The car should not roll in P, but can you try to rock it back and forth, to try to unlock the stuck gear.

Come on Guys and Girls... help is needed here!!!

·
Registered
2009 451 Rally Red, Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40, Wix XP 51356, 185/55R15 tires, 44 psl
1,038 Posts
2008 Smarts are known for water in the actuator plug.

Try unplugging the transmission actuator, dry it, add some dielectric grease, and plug back in...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts