Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
hoping someone can help me out - Bought a 2006 convertible on the weekend - my present to myself! I love it - such fun to drive. But am having a bit of trouble - on Tuesday night it rained - no problem except somehow the top got put down and my new little car got soaked - I do not know how it happened - was fine when I got home and went inside - unless the button somehow got pushed on the key in my purse - only thing I can think of! you can be sure I am being extra careful now! Got her pretty well dried out but there was one light that came on in the instrument cluster on top of the dash showing a gas pump and another square symbol that now just stays on - no big deal but then last night when I locked the doors the instrument panel showing fuel guage, temperature etc lit up - along with the one mentioned above and stayed on. Only way to get them to go off was to unlock the car and open the door - then the light went off and stayed off until I locked the car again - I have taken out the floor mats and rolled back the carpet to make sure everything dries out well - is there anything I can do to fix this - is it (hopefully) just a matter of it completely drying out?
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Your "Canada E-Box" got wet. Remove it and try to dry it out. It is in the battery box or on the front bulkhead just behind the foam block in the passenger footwell. If it was mounted in the battery box, move it to the bulkhead.

If you are lucky it will dry out and resume normal behaviour. If you are unlucky you will have to buy a new Canada E-Box for a few hundred $$$.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi again,
Do you know if there is a site where I could download an owner's manual for my 2006?
Only have the quick reference guide with it,
Thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, My smart car dash board light are off and the boat does not open. its a smart forfour 1.5 Passion. The doors does not lock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts