Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife was planning on heading up to the Cities to do some shopping and .... you guessed it... only one car had gas in it. She took my smart car!!!! so here I sit with 3 SUV's, all low on gas..... She has to work tonight and she is always in a rush to get home so I probably won't see my car until tomorrow (I hope) My guess is it will be dirty, playing that 'chick music' she always plays (dixie chicks, etc) and of course it will be on empty.

OK my biggest concern is she will realize how much fun it is to drive and I will never get it back.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
I only get to drive the smart on the weekends. My wife likes to stay home on the weekends, she stays home and I finaly get to drive the smart (and clean it)

She is getting it with 2 bars of gas tomorrow morning, It will get her to work, but she may stop on the way home

·
Registered
560 Posts
My wife wouldn't take my smart on a bet....

She likes riding in it, but HATES driving it. She says it:

"Can't get out of it's own way unless you floor it"
"Transmission shifts hard, making me look like a new teenage driver"
"SUV's tailgate me like I'm their lunch"
"In slow bumper to bumper traffic, the herky-jerky first to second shifting is embarrassing"

Yep, she only took it once and when she got back, the first thing out of her mouth was how many times she hit the paddle shifters, knocking it into manual. She said paddle shifters belong on a Porsche, not on a shoebox.

Yep, my smart is safe in my drive !!

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
My Wife Amber says that Her Cold Dead Fingers Will Have To Be Pried From The Steering Wheel before She would give up the Smart... We just had that conversation again today for the umpteenth time...!!!

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,076 Posts
The wife was planning on heading up to the Cities to do some shopping and .... you guessed it... only one car had gas in it. She took my smart car!!!! so here I sit with 3 SUV's, all low on gas..
I guess if you have to find a positive in all of this, at least she can't buy as much as she could with one of the SUVs. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think I am safe as well. My wife loves to ride in mine and has only driven it once. But, she knows how much I love my car and is mortified to drive for fear of even putting a scratch on it.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
I thought I would never talk to my wife about how a car can get better mpg (MPGs) and what gauges are best to use and display on the Scangauge but since she replaced her High-top GMC Conversion Van with her Lil GEM - that's what we talk about. And boy does she jump into someone's face when they make an ignorant statement about the safety of her new car.

·
Super Moderator
11,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess if you have to find a positive in all of this, at least she can't buy as much as she could with one of the SUVs. :)
She always suprises me as to how much she can spend.. Most stores are willing to ship larger items to your house. We found out that when we were on the motorcycles. Besides, she was alone and there is that whole seat area to use.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
She always suprises me as to how much she can spend.. Most stores are willing to ship larger items to your house. We found out that when we were on the motorcycles. Besides, she was alone and there is that whole seat area to use.
Yeah, but with that new Cargo divider you have, she can't just drop the passenger seat to put in the longer items:)

·
Super Moderator
11,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's pretty easy to disconnect, just a couple of hooks....

Now the bad news..... She spilled pop on the seat... She told me when I was getting ready to go in for surgery, and it is parked up at the neighbor's house so I can't go check out the damage..... Guess it's time for that custom stiched interior...

·
17,349 Posts
...the herky-jerky first to second shifting is embarrassing"
She shouldn't drive an Aveo then. In the Aveo's "Hold" a.k.a. "Manual" mode, 2nd to first almost always results in tremendous engine braking. You may not even need the brakes to stop...

·
Super Moderator
11,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, but with that new Cargo divider you have, she can't just drop the passenger seat to put in the longer items:)

I LOVE that cargo divider. it looks great and works even better!! Everyone that has seen it thinks it looks great.

·
Super Moderator
11,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She took it again!!! this time she is heading to Rochester and took the kid with her.... I guess the secret is out, it is fun to drive!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
My husband only gets to drive Marta when I am going to imbibe.... I drive there, he drives me home. I married a designated driver!!!!:D

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
My Pure is safe - for a while. Wife wants to drive it, but she is stuck with her Prius as it has the hand controls she requires. The Pure, being much more fun to drive, has become our car of choice for weekend outings. There are several sets of old hand controls in the garage, and I have thought about looking at installing one of them. I know that if I do, I will be driving a Prius and will only get to touch the Pure to wash it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts