Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
What's really stupid is that he's complaining that the caar's towing a car-topper without apparently noticing that it's a cabrio model without a top.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
You can't fight stupid. Don't let it bother you - at least they all seem to cling together for support. It's when they become independent, and get out on their own that they can do the most damage... (at that point, they generally run for office)

·
Registered
793 Posts
I sent the Idiot writer an email... I think we all should, just to let him know what we think of his stupid comments.

I sent an email to: ([email protected])

SLOW DAY AT THE OFFICE AND COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE SMART TO BASH!!!!

come on, why insult a car you have not driven for more than 3 miles. do some reaserch, ask OWNERS what they think and THEN make some conclusions that are worthy of posting under a journalist name... if not just stay on the side lines.

smart owner.

·
Registered
9,097 Posts
...all we need is Neon to post 2 or 3 pages of HIS research...it's just so out of this world ....but make sure you address this idiots lack of research as a journalist...

jetfuel....seek'um Neon...

·
Registered
793 Posts
This is what He responded.. Atleast He responded!

"Judging on the number of responses I've gotten based on this post, Smart owners are incredibly thin skinned.

Look, we understand you like your little cars, that's fine, but you can't argue that towing a car topper ON A TRAILER behind the car isn't silly. "

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I want to point out that what we are dealing with is someone's OPINION. An opinion is very subjective, so what may seem correct for one person, may be different for another person. The person who thinks that their opinion is the only valid truth, is very limited in their ability to grasp the fact that others may see the world differently.

As stated before, "You can't fix Stupid!!" In this case, a "car bigot" can't be fixed.

I've come to realize that I really don't need the permission or respect of others in whatever car I chose to purchase. If another person likes my Smart, great, but if they don't like it, so what? In the end, I'm happy with my purchase and why should I care what some stupid, narrow-minded Bozo thinks?

Bob Diaz

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
As Dirty Harry said....................

Harry Callahan: Well, opinions are like a$$h0le$. Everybody has one. :moon:

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
My favorite reply:

"Silly people.

This would have been a much, much better solution. Superior MPG, superior comfort, superior power, superior luggage space, and they handle remarkably well (sans trailer, but these particular trailers, from what I understand, you barely notice), plus the bonus of adventure."

Above the reply is a picture of a Goldwing with a trailer.

Superior luggage space? Superior COMFORT? (Sure, I prefer to have swampa$$ instead of using the A/C because I just went through a rain storm)

Of course there was the poster saying the Yaris 3dr has about the same turning radius. NOT! How do I know? Because I have a Yaris 3dr and it is nothing close to the smart turning radius.

Once again, most of the writers & responders on Jalopnik are idiots.....why I don't spent too much time there.

·
Registered
341 Posts
My favorite reply:

"Silly people.

This would have been a much, much better solution. Superior MPG, superior comfort, superior power, superior luggage space, and they handle remarkably well (sans trailer, but these particular trailers, from what I understand, you barely notice), plus the bonus of adventure."

Above the reply is a picture of a Goldwing with a trailer.
Yah, totally clueless... Honda lists the 2010 Goldwing at 36 MPG, starting at $23K:eek:

Get a cabrio and leave the top down in the rain... you'd get the same comfort and MPG for less:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts