Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the JBL sound system sounds better in the 2017? I listened to one in 2016 and that did not sound too great. Maybe there was something wrong with it. Then again, I am used to the Harman Kardon in a Mini Cooper.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's not horrible (mine's a 2019). I have the full JBL with navigation thing. It is by no means the sound system in other cars I own, however for the Smart it's good enough. Be sure that you use a cord rather than bluetooth. It will sound really flat and bad without being corded (at least that's my experience in all cars).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not horrible (mine's a 2019). I have the full JBL with navigation thing. It is by no means the sound system in other cars I own, however for the Smart it's good enough. Be sure that you use a cord rather than bluetooth. It will sound really flat and bad without being corded (at least that's my experience in all cars).
What about just the stereo listening to radio stations? Is the reception terrible?

·
Registered
6 Posts
For the couple times it has flipped to radio, the reception was not the best. I very seldom listen to terrestrial radio stations unless by accident so I am by far the last person to receive judgement from.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The JBL system in my 2016 sounds comparable to sound systems from other newish cars, which is to say pretty good, but I've not heard a 2017 model for comparison. However, sound quality is a bit relative when considering the rather high road noise found in 453's. I don't think I'm alone in saying the 453 isn't the quietest car ever made. And while the quieter passages tend to get washed out, the overall sound stage and bass performance is decent. As such, I am considering a sound system upgrade: Quieter tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts