Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi members. As a late reserver I would like to be the first to post my name as a smartcarofAmerica member who would appreciate a chance at an earlier delivery. My present lease is up June 2008 and with a 10/1/07 reserve date I believe my "turn to become smart" will come too late for me. If you or anyone you know will not be holding on to their smart this coming April, May or June I would be happy to buy it at a fair price. I believe that members should help each other as I would do the same when my time comes later on. Better that a member gets smart than the dealer has an opportunity to sell the "not taken" car as they please." ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
unfortunately we aren't allowed to sell our reservations, read the terms and agreement. I think if anyone drops their resv then, it goes to the respective dealers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
I don't think Carnut is talking about selling his reservation and buying someone else's. I think what he would like is to purchase someone's "early adopter" smart after they take delivery. He refers to anyone who will "not be holding onto their smart this coming April, May or June". Stuff happens. My smart is due "in the first 90 days" of 2008. The lease on my current car isn't up until July 2008. I will be taking delivery of my smart regardless, but if I can't get someone to take over my lease it will definitely engender a temporary additional outlay. There may be some out there in the same situation who won't be able to manage it. I think Carnut would like to speak to those people. Or, perhaps to anyone who takes delivery of their smart and simply doesn't like it. (I can't even imagine that!)
I'm not sure it's a workable idea, though. All our reservations are for specific models in a specific color with certain options. I would hate to give up my dream smart for someone else's vision of the perfect car.
Still, I can't blame you for trying, Carnut! Good Luck! :)

P.S. Carnut, there will be people who have confirmed their reservations who will change their mind and not accept delivery. :eek: If were you, I'd be all over my dealership when you're ready to buy to find out what's possible. If you don't ask, you'll never know!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for clarifying sisyphus. Yes I am not talking about selling or transferring a reservation as that is not permissible. Example, what if I decided to wait for my 10/1/07 reservation to result in a car ready for delivery, but when delivery date comes up I am not in a position to keep the car? I could then, thinking of my fellow members, post my desire to RESELL the car at a fair price on this sticky. It's as simple as that. As to actual car specs, we do not know at this time if the confirmation is actually acting as a factory order, or just an indication for production planning. PAG tates that this is not to be considered an order and that the purchaser must meet with the dealer, place the order, and give the dealer a deposit. Can there be changes to the specs at that time? At this point it is all conjecture. I just want it to be known that if by any chance one of our members does not plan to keep their May or June delivery, I am a willing buyer at a fair price. As far as particular specs go, many of us here are vacillating constantly due to the inability to go to a showroom and see the actual USA model and options. At this point I personally feel that the primary choice is firstly the model - Pure, Passion, or Cabrio. Any other option is entirely subjective. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks dad. Yes I did. The key is delivery time. Too early could be a problem, a little late can be handled.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top