Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've already heard various times that the 453 will debut sometime in July. But this is the first time I've heard mention of the exact date – July 16:

Burlappcar: New Smart cars coming up

"Who knows.... (Well.. We will. On July 16th)"
I don't have a clue about who Vince Burlapp is, or what's his source of information. Has anyone else heard that July 16 would be the big day??

·
17,350 Posts
Not sure if it's a trustworthy source. It's a small time blog with 66 followers and only Anon commenters. I'd think that something as important as the release date would've first been leaked by a larger blog. And he's using a rendering...

Edit: However, there is one lead:
Smart Times 2014
(the largest smart convention in the world - and supported by smart) Takes place July 17-19.

·
Registered
48 Posts
According to his bio, Vince Burlapp is a movie extra. His blog obviously gets traffic since it has a lot of ads on it, and ads are usually based on traffic numbers.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ His website is a crackup – very entertaining to explore. I emailed him to see if he'll provide source information for the July 16 date.

·
17,350 Posts
According to his bio, Vince Burlapp is a movie extra. His blog obviously gets traffic since it has a lot of ads on it, and ads are usually based on traffic numbers.
Edit:
Actually, blogs don't work that way. Blogs with tons of ads are usually less traffic than blogs with less ads. The ads keep the blog running.

If the blog is high traffic, they'll need less ads since they receive more clicks. Low traffic blogs need more ads because they drive less traffic. That's usually how GoogleAds and similar services work. The less traffic, the more ads.

Perfect example: Compare a blog like Jalopnik to a small time blog. It's usually 2 ads vs 5+ ads.

I bet the release is set for Smart Times 2014...which is mid-July. :)

·
17,350 Posts
I actually remember that Autoweek article!!!
Ah, so they're releasing them a day before Smart Times? Interesting.

·
17,350 Posts
I'm not sure what I'm more excited for, the next date I will go on, or the 453 reveal? :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts