Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What items do you keep in the storage area inside the tailgate?

Here's mine:
1) 50' of 11mm Teufelberger KM III static rope (orange color rope)
2) 50' Dyneema rope (silver/grey rope)
3) a few pulleys and carabiners
4) jumper cables
5) Tire plugs
6) 12v air compressor

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am assuming that this is a 451.

The jumper cables might be problematic. The hatch and tailgate are electrically actuated, which would make it hard to get to the cables with a flat battery.

The Fortwo comes with a 12v air compressor as standard equipment. If it hasn't been lost or stolen, it is stored under the passenger side carpeting. Info on this is in the onwers manual.

Right now I have:
  • Reusable shopping bags
  • 100ft of 550 parachute cord
  • Roll of duct tape
  • Roll of F4 rescue tape
  • 1/2 roll of paper towels
  • Roll of toilet paper
  • 3-4 small shop towels
  • Small med kit
  • Small lighter
  • Doug Ritter mini survival kit

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
We have a couple of threads on this already - this one is the most recent: how much do you carry (tailgate storage) :)
I knew I had seen one relatively recently, but my search only yielded a thread from 2008, thanks!

@rbrtryn
My car was missing the entire emergeny tire kit, foam and all. As for the jumpers, I rarely need them in any of my cars as I tend to rely on push starting when need arises. Which, according to some things I've read, one can actually sort of pushstart a Smart; though I haven't tried it yet. A few years back I drove for about a year with a battery too weak to actually start the car most days, park on a slight incline, let it roll, pop the clutch, off you go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am assuming that this is a 451.

The jumper cables might be problematic. The hatch and tailgate are electrically actuated, which would make it hard to get to the cables with a flat battery.

The Fortwo comes with a 12v air compressor as standard equipment. If it hasn't been lost or stolen, it is stored under the passenger side carpeting. Info on this is in the onwers manual.

Right now I have:
  • Reusable shopping bags
  • 100ft of 550 parachute cord
  • Roll of duct tape
  • Roll of F4 rescue tape
  • 1/2 roll of paper towels
  • Roll of toilet paper
  • 3-4 small shop towels
  • Small med kit
  • Small lighter
  • Doug Ritter mini survival kit
The complete Hannibal Lecter novels :)