Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to smartcar. I purchased mine this summer at an auction (repo) ...it is a fully loaded 2008 Passion coupe. I like the car but don't necessarily like Black cars. I would prefer a light color. Poking around here yesterday I discovered the forum on swapping panels. Is this a feasible idea? Might be a good alternative to selling my black car and then buying another color. Any opinions? I am located in Eastern Iowa...Any one else in the area who wants a black smart?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Welcome Bruce,
You could consider getting in touch with someone here on swapping out panels, or purchasing used panels and in turn sell your old ones. Another thought would be, is to have your car wrapped. There you have a whole world of color choices and the wrap can be removed anytime without damage to the original panel. You can even keep part of the car black as you choose. Last but not least would be to have a wide stripe going over the hood that continues after the roof down the rear in a color such as red or white. The choices are endless. Good Luck

·
Registered
910 Posts
Keep an eye on the market place section for panel swaps. Or if you just want to buy them outright there are often some listed on eBay...Shipping could be a problem, tho.
Good luck...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the forum, where you may expirience brief periods of rage when someone "puts-down" our smart's and where every person preoccupied with their smart cars...we even have names for them :)

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry am not interested in switching to black from our yellow, But keep your eyes open for someone looking to swap.

The Iowa Chapter seems to have more energy than us up in WI. Make sure you drop a note here Iowa Chapter - Smart Car of America Forums to make some local connections

And jump in and join the conversation. Who knows what you will learn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts