Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Perhaps not even quite officially a member since I don't yet own a SC. I have been looking around for one - 450 Model - and ran into a CDI model with US Title. I live in California, and I know they are pretty strict here. Contacting my local DMV did not get me anywhere, as they could not tell me wether or not I would be able to register it here without seeing the car (Even with the VIN number in hand, they can only check if the car had previously been registered here...). This particular car also has a cracked Rear Wheel Well, and I am already finding out it is not easy getting parts for these little guys...
Anyway, I am open minded and if anyone has any info that could help me, I am also interested in other 450s (Gas), if anyone knows somebody willing to sell in my area (I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area)
Sorry for the long intro/Help paragraph. And I look forward to learning more about these cars here on the site!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks carolthompson323!
I did get a hold of them on the phone a couple of days ago and as far as the rear wheel well/fender that I would need, they said I would be better off trying to find it on my own/locally(?) for they would have to order it since they do not have in stock...and I am starting to realize how expensive owning a 450 can really be...
Thanks again, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts