Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm just another guy soon to have a Smart car. Tomorrow I'll start my 650 mile each way rode trip to pick up a 2010 silver/silver one. I've been reading about the things to look for on here and looks like good info. Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Welcome to the world of small cars. Once you have one you'll never be the same. You should get to know your smart real well on the trip back.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Be careful when driving down into and up out of potholes. :D
Sinkholes especially should be avoided.

OH, and welcome to the asylum. Most of us are crazy about our smarts. Some of us are just a little crazy. :D

and.... in case you didn't know, the name smart comes from S(watch) M(ercedes) ART. smart- is all lower case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys! I was originally going to pick it up with my truck and trailer, but I just changed my mind. I have the girlfriend talked into going with and driving my other car home. I recently test drove an IQ, Mini, a Fiat, and a local Fortwo. I think the Smart is more "Me". My other cars are all rear wheel drive and I like it that way. Did I see someone post that some Mercedes's use the same thread-in tow hook? I also have an SLK and I'm going to look through it to see if it even has one.

Thanks, Jeff

·
Super Moderator
28,237 Posts
The thread on the tow hooks is the same but the lengths are different; don't try the smart version with your SLK or you'll screw the hook into the front bodywork. :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My road trip went great! I had a little tail wind going there and it changed direction to give me a little tail wind for the trip home. We drove a bit of Route 66. The car is pretty nice, but it's missing the gas cap door. The part that holds it is there, I just need to buy the silver round part you see. O well. I'll have to set up a garage on here now. :)

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Glad you got home and had a good trip. My 300 mile drive home (July 2008) was a little more eventful, skirting strong thunderstorms with blustery cross winds for a few hours of the journey.

They just got the Garage up and running again recently. Just in time for ya.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
:welcome: to the forum, aka The Asylum, where we are all crazy about our cars and some of us are just crazy. Be sure to stay away from cell #1 when you check in, he's the craziest.

Enjoy your car and remember that the more you drive him the happier he'll be. Now that you have 3 posts how about posting a couple pictures of your smart.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts