Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there going to be any vendors at the OTD? It seems like a good opportunity to load up a trailer with accessories, clothing and such. As I said, just asking.

·
5,298 Posts
Traditionally to date, there are very few vendors at OTD. This is a driving experience event and a little different atmosphere than some of the other events. One sponsor, SmartCar Customs may or may not be there; they have been there the past 2 years. Too early to tell right now. I did speak with them while at the event here in Orlando this weekend. More will coming after we recuperate from this one and we all geet back home (I'm still here in Orlando)

·
Registered
412 Posts
This vendor is very interested! Last year I was getting married that same weekend and this year I will probably miss the Dells rally because we have a baby due in June. I have no excuse for missing the dragon rally this year!:D

I would really like to do tail of the dragon this year, To those comming, is it worth it? Is there a place everybody hangs out that I could set up at? Would anybody buy anything?:confused:

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
This vendor is very interested! Last year I was getting married that same weekend and this year I will probably miss the Dells rally because we have a baby due in June. I have no excuse for missing the dragon rally this year!:D

I would really like to do tail of the dragon this year, To those comming, is it worth it? Is there a place everybody hangs out that I could set up at? Would anybody buy anything?:confused:
Ah, Just bring the trailer and have the baby in your own creation:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
As for a Video, check with the guy who did the Dells Video 2 years a go and ask how many of the 100 attendees actual ordered one. It should give you an idea if it's worth anyones time

·
5,298 Posts

Yes it is worth it!
Lots of places to hang out...depends if you want to be seen or not (lots of hiding places, too!)
Buying anything? Hmmm, do you still have the keychains and do you still install them? :D

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
I would add that the Dragon has been (and will continue to be, I hope) progressively better each year. As a recap, prelude to #3:

Year 1 - Robbinsville Microtel - had (part time) a conference room that we had to clear out of each night, and didn't have it for Sunday morning at all.

Year 2 - Fontana Village - had an un-secure covered area right off the road, across from the rec hall. Moderately better than year one - we had the facility the whole weekend.

Year 3 (this coming year) - we are going to rent the rec hall for the whole weekend. This will allow for indoor activity, regardless of weather, and is large enough that vendors could set up at one end. We do have some activities planned, and as the plans gel, we will shame them, here and on the official site.

In the past, we have not sought out vendors - we weren't sure what we were getting into. Last year, we competed with Nationals and a bad economy. This year, I am hopeful that attendance will increase.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yes it is worth it!
Lots of places to hang out...depends if you want to be seen or not (lots of hiding places, too!)
Buying anything? Hmmm, do you still have the keychains and do you still install them? :D
We will definitely be bringing the key chains, as well as a second key chain installation technician (the wife.) Installation is really reasonable $120 :wink:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We will definitely be bringing the key chains, as well as a second key chain installation technician (the wife.) Installation is really reasonable $120 :wink:

I love my smarts but not enough for a $120 keychain. I thought they ran $15 on Ebay...:confused:

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Must be a typo, his site still says:
Amount
Smart Key Ring Smart Key Ring $15.00
Postage included... :wink:

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,726 Posts
I love my smarts but not enough for a $120 keychain. I thought they ran $15 on Ebay...:confused:
$15 for the keychain and $105 for the "installation tech" to transfer your keys from the old key ring to the new one?? :huh:

·
Registered
412 Posts
So excited for the dragon!

We just booked the campsite at Fontana! We'll be towing the "snailer" with lots of product goodies :)

Can't wait to see you all there next week! Who all is camping?

~ Raeyanna Boesch

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
So excited for the dragon!

We just booked the campsite at Fontana! We'll be towing the "snailer" with lots of product goodies :)

Can't wait to see you all there next week! Who all is camping?

~ Raeyanna Boesch
We are camping as well, blue & black smart, small trailer, large tent and our puppy.

Looks like there are at least 3 of us camping at the Fontana campground, if it works out I'm thinking that we should have a campfire Friday night maybe invite other smarts to join us.

What do you guys think?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts