Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I put my "reservation" in on March 19th for a Passion. "Ordered" a black/silver/red one when I was given the opportunity. (I was torn between that and white/black/red).

I just found this site two days ago and it has renewed my passion for this car. When I first heard about it, I hoped we were going to get a diesel here but alas, it is not to be. I had two VW TDIs in the past few years and loved getting almost 50 mpg in my 2000 Golf. I was hoping for the same here.

I'm just north of Atlanta and have made contact with the dealer in the area. I was in New Mexico during our ride and drive here so I still haven't seen one in person.

Anyone else in Metro ATL getting one of these? I wonder about getting on 285 during rush HOURS with this little cart.

Anyway, glad I found this place and I'll be around.

Chris

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
Im From Atlanta Too

Hey bro good to hear from you I plan to drive mine in rush hour and on I75 and 285...I am not scared. No matter how we look at it we still are safter driving the smart than riding on a motorcycle.
We need to stay in touch bro. Once we get ours maybe we can cruise around Atlanta.

Hey all,

I put my "reservation" in on March 19th for a Passion. "Ordered" a black/silver/red one when I was given the opportunity. (I was torn between that and white/black/red).

I just found this site two days ago and it has renewed my passion for this car. When I first heard about it, I hoped we were going to get a diesel here but alas, it is not to be. I had two VW TDIs in the past few years and loved getting almost 50 mpg in my 2000 Golf. I was hoping for the same here.

I'm just north of Atlanta and have made contact with the dealer in the area. I was in New Mexico during our ride and drive here so I still haven't seen one in person.

Anyone else in Metro ATL getting one of these? I wonder about getting on 285 during rush HOURS with this little cart.

Chris

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey all,

Chris
I just joined this forum and am also from ATL. From everything I have seen/read about it looks like we will be better off driving this than the normal car on 285/85/75. Picking out a smart in this city will be really easy considering the normal kind of cars you see around here.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. There are others here who will brave the Soccer moms in the H2's and Excursions!

Any ATL folks talk with anyone at the dealer yet? Any other SMART dealer in Atlanta other than Mercedes of Buckhead?

I'm learning more daily about the cars. I just hope I like it as much in person as I have on the screen!

C-

·
Registered
28 Posts
I cant stand anything bigger than a mini van which I still hate but I once flicked off an h2 driver just because I hate them so much and he tried to chase me and my friend down the highway. We won cause we were in an 07 GTI Turbo lol. :p

"Hey Mr. H2 driver how does it feel to have a small penis?" Saw that in an ad and thought it was hilarious.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Language!

Does it strike anyone else as ironic that the auto-censor on this forum expurgates the word ****pit but allows the word penis?

·
Registered
28 Posts
@Fish, I am only 22 so I still have a little youth left in me!

As for the quote in the second half of my post, that was actually published in art voice which is the local liberal paper you can find around the Buffalo metro area and outlying suburbs.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I just tried to type in my bird. He's a weinietiel. And fruit weinietail doesn't work any better than weiniepit does. ;)

Welcome Chris and Gobbo! Enjoy the site and all the personalities and info in it. It's a good group! :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hello all.
I'd like to also introduce myself as a ATL area smart enthusiast. I've been a big fan since before Canada started getting theirs...(I mean really, who wouldn't want a roadster???) ; )

I live in Canton and drive to Marietta daily. That's about 20 miles on two-lane back roads...
While I won't be fighting huge SUVs on the highway, I WILL be laughing as I pass them at the gas station!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts