Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, car did not arrived yet .. but already have parts waiting in the garage :)

I am planning in buying a rear low spring, does anyone know a good mechanic in the SF bay area

Thanks all in advance

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome to the forums, and welcome to the life of owning a smart car.
I always tell people, if you want attention in your car and you want people to look at you, drive a supercar or a smart car - they both get the same amount of attention, just probably not the same kind.

You have a better chance of finding a single, never married, no kids, 52 year old cougar than finding a 'good' and 'trusted' mechanic anywhere, especially for these kinds of cars. 90% of shops don't know how to work on them.
Very quickly you'll realize that you have to sort of do a lot of the stuff yourself.

I'd suggest a subscription to Evilution - Smart Car Encyclopaedia - It's like $20 usd/yr and they pretty much have step by step instructions on MOST smart car installs/fixes. I've had a subscription with them for a little over two months now and I've already got my moneys worth 20x over.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forums, and welcome to the life of owning a smart car.
I always tell people, if you want attention in your car and you want people to look at you, drive a supercar or a smart car - they both get the same amount of attention, just probably not the same kind.

You have a better chance of finding a single, never married, no kids, 52 year old cougar than finding a 'good' and 'trusted' mechanic anywhere, especially for these kinds of cars. 90% of shops don't know how to work on them.
Very quickly you'll realize that you have to sort of do a lot of the stuff yourself.

I'd suggest a subscription to Evilution - Smart Car Encyclopaedia - It's like $20 usd/yr and they pretty much have step by step instructions on MOST smart car installs/fixes. I've had a subscription with them for a little over two months now and I've already got my moneys worth 20x over.
thanks for the info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts