Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Everyone,

I just acquired my first Smart Car (2008 with 4,200 miles on it ). It is a Passion model, with all the bells and whistles. I got it from a car dealer buddy of mine for $12,500. I hope to get my wife to drive it rather than her Ford Explorer for the many, many short trips she takes daily. I figure the gas savings alone will practically pay for the car.

This is a great forum and am lucky to have found it. Does anyone have a list of the top 20 most important things to know for new owners? (Do's and Don't's). A little knowledge can go a long way :cool:

Thank you in advance and I am glad to be part of the Smart group. So far, I am extremely impressed with the technology of this car. It truly is a smart car.

Warmest Regards,
Bill

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Welcome aboard. You should contact the dfw smart club. A very active group and you can get a lot of information from other owners at the meet and greets. Best of luck. Let the fun begin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome to smart ownership! You'll really enjoy your new smart. Im not sure if you have a local high performance parts company in Texas, but may I refer you to visit smartmaddness.com.. Lots of aftermarket customization!

Enjoy!
Michelle
smart Brand Manager
Mercedes Benz-smart Center Oxnard

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Bill. Quote."This is a great forum and am lucky to have found it. Does anyone have a list of the top 20 most important things to know for new owners? (Do's and Don't's). A little knowledge can go a long way"

1. For long trans and clutch life be sure your car is fully stopped when shifting between forward and reverse.

2. Read and post often on this forum. :D

Welcome aboard. :) A2Jack

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
:welcome: wdfreemanjr !!! :woohoo:

You have now entered into the asylum, but you need to dig further to reach the "inner sanctum" :)

I know you are enjoying your smart, as are the rest of us, and hope you have many, many miles of smiles :D

If you're so inclined, we can always use another smart on Fuelly | Share and Compare Your MPG :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts