Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From our Honeymoon in 2004 to Sint Maarten. Funny, I had my eye on them way back then. :)

Looks to be a weird cross between the US market mk1 and mk2.

·
17,350 Posts
That's because that's an early 450, circa 1998-2002. Back then they had "almond" headlights and were called the "MCC smart City Coupe".

·
Registered
763 Posts
I need to find and post my photo from Amsterdam from year one when I first saw the smart and called my future wife and said, "If these ever come to the States, I'm getting one." I did searches for the next couple of years and followed the smart in frustration as it seemed to get further and further from introduction here. Then, one day, VICTORY. Persistence pays off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
weird? hardly

From our Honeymoon in 2004 to Sint Maarten. Funny, I had my eye on them way back then. :)

This was the original smart, don't you guys know anything? I've had 5 like that, starting 3 Oct 1998 (yawn)
Hardly.
This was the very original smart, before they called it the fortwo.
Don't you guys know anything? I've had 5 like that, starting with the first one bought 10 Oct 1998, 1 week after the official European launch, it was a demo car already with 10,000km on it... (yawn)

·
17,350 Posts
MCC smart city coupe. :D

BTW - ilomax, Penske Trucks had nothing to do with smart, Penske Auto Group brought smart to the USA. It was their lack of advertising that ultimately lead to their demise as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts