Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
I find that I adopt a bicyclist's mindset when I get behind the wheel of my smart. Or, if it makes better sense, consider yourself among the motorcyclists. I prefer the bicycle analogy, as motorcycles are loud and can go very fast, whereas the bicycle and its rider seem to irritate a number of drivers who find they can't wait to get around the spandex-clad pedal pusher.

My primary car is an AMG-equipped E350 Coupe, and it has all the get-up-and-go I could want. Despite having a powerful, agile car, I always maintain a two second interval between me and the car in front, and when I come to a stop behind another car, I always make sure I can see that car's rear bumper. That's the way I learned to drive, and I've never seen a reason to change it.

So yes, I change my driving habits (and my attitude) depending on which car I drive. That doesn't mean there aren't still jerks on the road, and they I just let their behavior go, like water rolling off a duck's back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.