Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in the Kansas City Missouri MB dealership the other day and saw a picture of their new building. It showed a smart display. No one could tell me if they had gotten the dealership.

Anyone know anything?
Don

·
Registered
255 Posts
That is strange!

I talked to my m/b dealer 2 months ago and they already finalized the deal months ago. Both dealerships in kc are owned by the same people.
Are you saying they are building another dealership location for the smartcar?
I for one wouldn't want a 14k smart car next to a 120k mercedes if i was a dealership.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
<I talked to my m/b dealer 2 months ago and they already finalized the deal months ago. Both dealerships in kc are owned by the same people.
Are you saying they are building another dealership location for the smartcar?
I for one wouldn't want a 14k smart car next to a 120k mercedes if i was a dealership.>

Interesting, the president of the company that is located in south KC is the ex general manager of Baron BMW and he has never mentioned to me that they are under the same ownership. I had my first experience with the other dealer in 1976 when they were located in downtown KC and that soured me on them and I haven't been back since,.

The dealer I talked to (the one in south KC) said only that their new MB building, which is supposed to be ready in January, will have a section set aside for smart.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm refering to the mercedes dealer in overland park, the same owners have a dealership on 103rd/ stateline and they have a 3rd dealership in st.loius.
There going to sell the smartcar out of the same dealership as the mercedes @ 103rd/stateline?

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
St. Louis Dealer?

bentoutofshape- Do you know the name of the dealership they own in St. Louis? I had thought that Plaza in St. Louis was going to be the smart dealership here. Could be that they still are and that the KC-St. Louis dealer won't be. Just wondering.

Ron Gaus, aSmartCar.com

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The MB dealership they own is in Weldon Spring.

Also interesting the MB dealer at 103& State line appears to me to do more aggressive price advertising.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kansas City Dealer

Looks like the Kansas City Dealer is going to be Aristocrat Motors. The road show will be at Oak Park Mall between Nordstroms and Macy's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts