Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is now a KC chapter in the Chapter/Regions, Midwest Region for us. You can subscribe to this forum and will be notified by e-mail, if you desire when there are changes, messages etc. I haven't tried it yet but you can start a new thread for this forum....Sorry if this is old news to some of you.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Good, we are getting noticed, so now we should write everthing in here.
Can the moderator bring the other threads to this chapter?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know, thought we could just continue here. I will ask though, if he will transfer the other threads here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wish they would have made it Kansas/Missouri since it includes members from both states or made it officially "Kansas City Chapter" instead of just Kansas.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wish they would have made it Kansas/Missouri since it includes members from both states or made it officially "Kansas City Chapter" instead of just Kansas.
I asked for Kansas City Chapter. I am not sure Smart understands the politics of the local area.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You have a new member (not in Kansas, though) :) I live in Independence and picked up my car today. A white/black pure and am enjoying it. I did go to the microcar show last Sunday, so I saw alsrac's car... and the older smartie. I just wanted to say "Hi".

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have a new member (not in Kansas, though) :) I live in Independence and picked up my car today. A white/black pure and am enjoying it. I did go to the microcar show last Sunday, so I saw alsrac's car... and the older smartie. I just wanted to say "Hi".
Welcome aboard. I think I saw your car the other day at Aristocrat, There are very few whites around.
We asked for Kansas City but the administrator just put Kansas, i will see if he can change it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yay, I see it got changed and the other threads moved into the new area. Thanks to whoever made this possible!

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Hi, welcome to the club, I'm glad you saw our "Little Lice" (our Smart).
Congrats on your new Smart, on monday we saw this one, it's problably yours:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good news on the DDE. I checked the Delivery Date Estimator again this week. Originally, the DDE said my car could be expected between October and December of 2009. This week it has improved some, now anticipated between Sept and Nov 2009. While not earthshaking, perhaps in the next few months it will move another 6-8 months closer.

By the way, I saw several of the KC smarts at the Micro Car show in Westwood. My first really small car had some representatives, the Honda N600 Sedan. Hard to believe I used to get into that!

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Good news on the DDE. I checked the Delivery Date Estimator again this week. Originally, the DDE said my car could be expected between October and December of 2009. This week it has improved some, now anticipated between Sept and Nov 2009. While not earthshaking, perhaps in the next few months it will move another 6-8 months closer.

By the way, I saw several of the KC smarts at the Micro Car show in Westwood. My first really small car had some representatives, the Honda N600 Sedan. Hard to believe I used to get into that!
so what's your reservation # and date? i've got the same DDe dates and i'm just guessing that we'll be the first with 2010's! the DDE did the same thing for me a few weeks ago and hasn't moved since.

·
Registered
45 Posts
so what's your reservation # and date? i've got the same DDe dates and i'm just guessing that we'll be the first with 2010's! the DDE did the same thing for me a few weeks ago and hasn't moved since.
My reservation was in January 08, 1486 are the last 4 of the res #.

Still holding out hope and on the Orphan's call list for KC.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ideally I would say like to say Ordered. :cool: It would/should give me enough time to sell of my current car and prepare my budget. Bad thing is I will most likely have to wait another two weeks before I can put down the Reservation money to secure it.

Been following the Smart Car since 2004 but it was not available when we purchased our last two vehicles. Have to deal with selling my daily driver and figure out how the dealership does the financing and possible trade in's etc...

Going to attempt to head out to Overland Park this afternoon to get a closer look if time permits.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts